Chapter Ten

Six Months Later

Abby walks through the island, whistling every now and then

Abby walks through the island, whistling every now and then. After half hour, Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo appear "Hey babies." she smiles. The four raptors chuff and jump on her, nuzzling into her as they continue chuffing "I'm okay babies, I'm alright." she tells them. "Abby? Abby? Come in Abby." Owen says over the walk-in talkie. Abby rolls her eyes "I'm here Owen." she tells her brother. "Good, you found them?" he asks. "Yeah, all four are with me now." Abby smiles. "Good, how long til you're heading to the pick up point?" Owen asks. "About an hour. I want to spend some time with them, I can't abandon them. They're my babies." Abby tells him. "I know, I'm just scared of losing you. I almost lost you once, I don't want anything like that to happen again." Owen sighs. "I know, but I'm alright with my babies and Rexy isn't anywhere in the area. Even if she was my babies would protect me." Abby tells him. "Okay, just let me know when you're on your way back." Owen tells her. "I will." Abby responds.

After an hour, Abby heads to the pick up point "Babies, I need to go but I'll be back soon." she tells the raptors. The four of the chuff at her, Blue nuzzling her "I know, I miss you too babies." Abby says, tears in her eyes. The helicopter lands nearby, Owen climbing out and slowly walking over "Abby?" he calls. "I don't want to leave them Owen." Abby whimpers, gently stroking Delta's snout. "I know but you can come back every two weeks." Owen tells her. "Doesn't make it any easier, they're my babies." Abby tells him. Blue chuffs and pushes her towards the helicopter with her head "Looks like Blue knows that you need to go. Come on, you'll be back before you know it." Owen smiles. Abby kisses each of the raptors on the snout "I'll be back soon girls." she tells them. The four sisters chuff before running off, Owen kissing the top of Abby's head as they head to the helicopter.

Three Years Later

Abby smiles as she visits Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo "I'm not going to let anything to happen you babies

Abby smiles as she visits Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo "I'm not going to let anything to happen you babies." she tells them, getting chuffs and nuzzles in response. Her satellite phone starts ringing making her pull it out "What's up Owen?" she answers. "I'm coming to the island with Claire and a few others, we're getting as many dinosaurs off that island as we can." Owen responds. "My babies better be at the top of that listen, I'm not leaving with out them." Abby tells her brother. "Obviously they're at the top of the listen Abby." Owen assures her. "Good, when are you going to get here?" Abby asks. "In about an hour or so, I'll meet you near the park." Owen responds, his smile evident in his voice. "Okay, I'll get my babies ready to go." Abby smiles. "Just... be careful Abby. You know I didn't even want you back on that island with that volcano." Owen tells her. "I know, which is why I didn't tell you till i was here." Abby smirks, motioning for the raptors to follow her. Owen chuckles slightly "You're so stubborn." He tells her. "Hm, wonder where I get that from?" Abby pretends to think. "Hey, watch it you." Owen jokingly warns her with a chuckle. Abby smiles, stroking Echo as she nuzzles into her side "Make sure they know not to hurt my babies, I will happy kill anyone who does." she tells her brother. Owen chuckles slightly "I know Mama, Claire and I have already told them." he tells her. "Claire actually communicating you?" Abby asks. "Hush, you. Just be ready to go when we get there." Owen responds. "Will do, see you soon." Abby responds.