Chapter 10

Chapter 10

After her bath, Evangeline made her way back to the room with Misaki to put on her clothes and mask. Frustration bubbled within her, and she couldn't help but express her anger.

"You lied! I hate you! I'll never trust you again!" she exclaimed, sticking her tongue out defiantly at Misaki.

Misaki wore a remorseful expression and scratched her head, searching for words to soothe the situation. "I'm sure it's not as bad as last time," she said, her voice filled with apology.

Evangeline shook her head vehemently, her anger still aflame. "No, it was worse! Now leave me alone. I need to get dressed," she asserted, forcefully pushing Misaki out of the room.

"I'll leave if that's what you want, but don't forget to apologize to Megumi before she sees the room," Misaki reminded her, her voice trailing off as she departed, leaving Evangeline alone once again.

"Finally, some peace and quiet," Evangeline sighed, relief washing over her.

Swiftly, she slipped into a pair of pants and a comfortable t-shirt, ensuring she covered herself appropriately. Donning her mask, she was ready to face the day. Just as she reached for the door handle to step out, someone else opened it from the outside. Megumi stood before her, prompting Evangeline to swiftly cover her eyes to shield her from the sight of the room's destruction.

"What are you doing here so early, Megumi?" Evangeline asked, her hands still securely covering Megumi's eyes.

"Evangeline, what's going on? I can't see a thing," Megumi protested, attempting to remove Evangeline's hands from her eyes.

"It's a surprise. I have a present for you," Evangeline explained, swiftly guiding Megumi out of the room.

Curiosity sparked within Megumi as they journeyed through the castle. "Where are you taking me?" she inquired, her voice filled with intrigue.

"You'll see when we get there," Evangeline replied mysteriously, a mischievous smile playing on her lips.

Soon enough, they arrived at the garden, and Evangeline removed her hands from Megumi's eyes. As Megumi opened her eyes, a flicker of disappointment crossed her face.

"If this is the surprise, Evangeline, I must say I'm a bit disappointed. I see this garden every day," Megumi confessed, her expectations not fully met.

Evangeline quickly interjected, her magic swirling in her hand as she concentrated. The magic took shape, gradually transforming into two exquisite bracelets—one adorned with the letter M and the other with the letter E.

"Wow, these are beautiful, Evangeline," Megumi exclaimed, a genuine smile brightening her face.

Evangeline handed her the bracelet with the initial E, delighting in Megumi's happiness. "I knew you would like it," she remarked, attaching the other bracelet to her own wrist.

Curiosity tugged at Megumi as she fastened the bracelet to her wrist. "Why did you give me this bracelet, anyway?" she asked, her curiosity getting the better of her.

Evangeline hesitated for a moment, wrestling with her inner conflict. She couldn't bring herself to reveal the true reason—the accidental destruction of the room Megumi had prepared for her. Apologizing seemed impossible, yet she managed a reassuring smile. "I gave you this gift because you're my first friend, and it's for no other reason," she replied, her eyes filled with sincerity.

Unbeknownst to Megumi, Evangeline's heart carried a secret burden, but she hoped her friendship gift would suffice for now.

"Are you sure there's nothing else, Evangeline?" Megumi inquired, drawing closer to her.