Chapter 4

Midoriya was confused. Flipping through the stark white pages, reading the intricate rules, brings a somewhat smile to his face, a real one. It is new, he doesn't understand it, he doesn't understand why it feels like it could be fun, why he wants to actually try for once. He knows he can't, it will overthrow his plans, but Midoriya has always thought of others in some way, put them first, maybe this could be the first selfish thing he does.

A few sheets of paper, written front to back, are sitting on the bed at arm's length. The boy flips to page 48, quickly although thoroughly reading the lines, circling anything he finds fishy and developing his ideas on separate pieces of paper.

Green eyes stop in their tracks, another question or rather set of questions popping into his head.

It's 5:37 am, he has plenty of time to weed out the plot holes and he knows it, what he doesn't know is if he has enough to make up his mind. The fact that this makes him even think about the possibility of taking up the opportunity says a lot. Should he pass up the chance to feel something in so long? He weights the pros and cons, while continuing his little assessment of the rules.

()

It's 1:13 pm. 'I shouldn't.'.

His papers are done and set, his book's stark white pages no longer pristine but instead dirtied by smudged graphite. He gets up and pushes open his bathroom door getting ready for a shower. Once in he sits down and lets the warm water flow down his back. Midoriya is tired.

()

Walking down the corridor, the sun filters through UA's big windows and casts faint shadows on the walls. Izuku is absent mindedly scratching his scarred wrist, enveloped once again in fresh bandages. The shadows although bleeding into the background feel like their housing something. Midoriya continues his way to the principal's office.

Nezu is waiting patiently at his desk just like he said he would, his paws placed in front of him. The clock strucks 3:00 pm and he isn't surprised when a young boy with green hair enters his office.

"Good morning Midoriya!"

The mentioned person smiles.

"Good morning principal Nezu!"

The principal is confused, though he doesn't let it show.

"Take a seat so we can begin."

The chairs are cushioned and they feel nice unlike the cheap version he has in his room.

"My, my, what are those?" the rat points at the thin stack of papers.

"Some questions I would like to go through, if u-uh it's allright."

"Of course it is! Continue."

The two have a barely heartfelt conversation. Nezu is both intrigued to know more and impressed that he will find out more of this already intricate sketch of a plan he figured out by listening to the boy's questions, however he can't deny the dissapointment he feels when he looks at Midoriya and knows the boy is hiding something.

"Midoriya I must say I am very impressed, you found all the plot holes I have placed. I expect to see a show no?"

"I will try my best sir!" he says smiling.

"Very well if you have nothing else to say you are free to go."

"Thank you sir!"

As soon as the door closes the principal sighs. 'I believe in you Midoriya.'. And he truly believes in him, even if he knows he only knows the person Midoriya wanted him to know.

Back in his room Izuku takes his place at his desk like he always does. He scatters the now confirmed and approved plot holes on the floor and grabs a red marker. With it he circles the most important ones which he will use to build his plan. A spark of unknown emotion flows through him and he doesn't regret this at all.