Chapter 12: Fifth Day

He woke up clawing at his throat. His airways were collapsing. Midoriya felt something grip his back, in a sort of soothing way. Through the barage of noises and static he heared two different voices talking shushedly. He opened his eyes (when did he close them?) to see a blurry image. His eyes were dry and it hurt to blink, thank god he didn't cry from nightmares anymore, that would have been pathetic, especially with all the camera's on him.

"You're awake!" a silky voice sounded.

He almost found himself vomiting at the sweetness of her tone.

"Miko." he said. His voice was husky from sleeping.

When his eyes focused further he noticed Shinsou was there too.

"So you actually took my advice, good for you. Has Miko been teaching you valuable things or has she just used you as one of her lackeys?"

"If by valuable you mean how to commit crimes and get under the radar, then yes she's been teaching me well." He fiddled further. "This won't get me in trouble right?"

"Why would it, it's a game after all."

"A game." Miko puffed. "Yeah a fucking game in which they stabbed you."

"Miko I did worse."

"No you didn't. Look I don't know much about what you're doing but the worse thing I got from Mei is that she built you some bombs you filled with some sort of acid. Boohoo they got a bit burnt, while you got STABBED, in the stomach may I add. If you wouldn't have gotten here in time, or if you chose to treat the wound alone you could have died." Worry shone in her eyes. "This is serious."

"My death coming sooner than it should? Is it my birthday?"

Miko stilled at that.

"Maybe I would have laughed if I knew that was a joke."

"If I can interrupt, how did you meet? I never saw you two sit together at lunch?"

"We met right before this exercise. I had heard of Miko through some gossip and we set an alliance. She comes to me if she needs anything and I go to her if I need anything."

"Obviously I didn't expect him to actually come, he looked scarily introverted even with all I heard about him."

"Wait so the bank heist was to support the drug ring?"

"Yes I needed more money, he does pay for my support."

"Do you pay for his support too?"

"Well the drug ring is 60% his involvement."

"You're part of the drug ring?"

"Yeah, it is a good side business."

"But then why did you need more money?"

"Becaus I gave her all the rights to the drug ring, I don't get money from it, I get diversions and secrets."

"That's so complicated."

"I know." "It's really not." said Miko and Midoriya at the same time.

"Well anyway, YOU are not fighting today."

"You're joking" he said standing up, his aura felt like it increased. "It's the final day, I'm ending this."

"Then blow up the city or something, they're bound to die."

"That's not how it works."

"You plan to fight in this state?"

"I've lived through worse."

Miko knew she couldn't hold him back so she looked pleadingly at Shinsou.

"I barely know him" he whispered back.