chapter 15: Interlude

The common room was quiet outside from the drama playing on TV. They were all seated, spread across the room. Nobody had seen Midoriya after they left the auditorium, so they all froze when he passed right by them. Nobody heard him until they say green in the corner of their eyes. Uraraka reached to say something but thought better and her hand fell limp. He disappeared put the glass doors. Doors that imitated those in the hero tower perfectly. The association raised their heartbeats, and they almost jumped him, not to say they would have successfully done it, Midoriya would have shaken them off just as easily as he did in the fake city.

()

Some went back to their rooms with a quick 'goodbye' and others chose to retreat outside to go for a walk. The remaining people weren't paying much attention to their surroundings so they missed when Midoriya came back at a late hour. All except Todorki. The boy contemplated whether to go after him or not and ultimately chose to not disturb him.

A good hour passed and he started feeling his stomach turn. He felt something was wrong and looked around the room. Uraraka was lying on the couch face down, the girl had probably cried herself to sleep, she was exhausted, they all were. Jirou was listening to music in a corner and Kaminari was writing something at the kitchen island. He wondered how those in 1B were doing, they haven't seen eachother in those 3 days at all.

He looked towards the stairs and his gut feeling intensified, ah, it must be his consciousness berating him. He was weak, he couldn't face Midoriya, not after he realized he can't tell his friend's fabricated lies aside from the real him. Not when he almost killed him. So he waited more.

Another hour must have passed, he tried to avert his eyes everytime he scanned the room. Uraraka was still sleeping, he had the mind to move the girl to her room, but then realized she would wake up screaming. Jirou had her eyes closed. He didn't know whether she was sleeping or not. He also didn't know if she listened to the same playlist the nth time over, or if she had a 100 hour playlist. Both were absolutely viable. Iida had returned from his run sweaty and ran to the showers before locking himslef in his room. The other person locked in his room was Bakugo. The boy never went out for anything, he didn't know whether he was starving or had food inside, but from what he heard, Midoriya held him in some deplorable conditions so sleeping in his room probably felt the most comfortable. Kirishima knocked on his door once a day anyways. He didn't answer.

()

He was the oy one left. Uraraka woke up and walked up to her room with puffy eyes. Jirou had fallen asleep but woke up because her headphones fell off. Todoroki took another glace at the stairs. No... Midoriya would be sleeping by now anyway. He fidgeted in his seat a few more minutes and go tup with a newfound burst of energy.

Midoriya was on the final floor, with his door the furthest back. Todorki walked with small unsure steps. Hand in front to the door, he knocked twice.

No response.

He knocked twice.

No response.

'See he's sleeping idiot.' he thought to himself.

Just for the sake of trying, he reached down and pushed the door handle. He want expecting it to be open.

The first thing that hit him was the smell. The iron flooded his nose and he suddenly got flashbacks from the end of the game, he felt as if he was covered in red once again. But he was clean, he realized after a few seconds. The door to the bathroom was open. The window was closed and Midoriya wasn't resting on his bed. he inched closer and felt his heart stop. Midoriya was laying in a bathtub. He was a transparently sick shade of white. The water was read and there was a bottle of pills spilled over on the floor. The pills had mostly dizolved and they turned mushy. He fell to his knees quickly gathering Midoriya's arms, which were cut from the wrist up to the elbow. The boy was still bleeding. Loosing himslef, he felt tears wet his cheek. In a slight moment of clarity he ripped off his shirt and ties hai arms together tight. He took off running, not caring about leaving ice behind. He bolted towards the teachers dorms and on his way heard the alarm blare as curfew had long passed. Blasting the door open (it didn't break) he cried.

"AIZAWA-SENSEI!"

Said man flinched along with the other teachers who were ready to get up and inspect the alarm.

When they noticed Todoroki, out of everyone, be so disheveled they all blanched.

Aizawa came forth and grabbed his shoulders. "Speak." he said calmly.

"M-Midoriya." was all he was able to get out. The teachers all shared a frightened look.

"Did he hurt anyone?" Midnight hurriedly asked.

Todorki didn't look like he even heard the question.

"Midnight stay here with him, don't ask questions!"

Everyone raced out ready to apprehend the boy.

When they threw open the door they were met with silence.

"Where is he?" Ectoplasm asked already splitting into three copies.

There was no blood, no destruction.

"Where is his dormroom?"

"On the last floor."

They made their way, stopping at every floor to make sure the crime wasn't committed in a different place than the one they expected.

The door to the grenette's room was open.

"I'll go first." Aizawa said, capture scarf at the ready.

The bloody smell reached the hallways and they all tensed.

Aizawa walked inside, seeing the room cleaned out. The bathroom door was open. He inched closer and once he entered his lungs felt like they couldn't draw any air anymore.

He threw himself and grabbed Midoriya's arms. They were already bandaged, probably Todoroki's attempt. The boy was cold and his skin was almost see though.

Aizawa had seen suicide cases before, they never got any easier, but to see his own student, it was like he forgot all protocol. He pulled Midoiya in his arms and ran out meeting the wide eyes of the others. Ectoplasm took the boy from the unstable teacher and rushed to Recovery Girl's Med Bay screaming after the others to follow him.

Aizawa felt his legs go out, but he was caught by Hizashi. At the noise, Tokoyami peeked out the door panicking when he saw his teacher bloody. Present Mic made a gesture and the boy noded shoving Darkshadow back in the room and closing the door.

Aizawa couldn't feel the lost weight of his capture weapon on his shoulders, he was a little lost. They accused Midoriya that he was a danger to others, when he was first and foremost a greater danger to himself.

It was their time to pay. Why did the game ruin everything?

...

But did it ruin it, or did it surface what was already planned to happen? Maybe they were always meant to loose, everyone, but out of all of them Midoriya had the most right to win. It would have never happened either way, the boy was robbed of his chance.