Falling

I'm sorry, but now I really just need Conan to do a cover of There Is A Light That Never Goes Out. Someone spam him on social media until he does for me. Can we just admire how perfect that song was for Conan though? I mean, I wouldn't be mad if a ten-tonne truck killed us both- to die by his side would be such a heavenly way to die. 

This article had me in tears: https://www.buzzfeed.com/tori_honore/funny-things-people-have-said-while-asleep

I hit the alarm clock aggressively with my fist, peeling back the covers and springing out. I haven't slept like that for months, and it's the best feeling. I wind my way over to the bathroom, stepping over Cone's shirt and jeans, both of which are ditched in a pile on the floor. 

I hear voices in the kitchen and decide to ignore all of my typical morning routine, simply brushing my hair and teeth before skipping out of the bathroom and through the corridor. I notice Ashley's photo frames hung on the wall, each filled with snapshots in time of her and her friends. I run my fingers over the frames, the cool wood's ridges bringing a positive sensation. I recognise some of the people from Conan's videos or from parties or Zoom calls. Conan is in a good portion of the photos, and there's a new one of me and Ash together from at the Airport, sipping on two very tall milkshakes.

Just when I go to find Ash and Cone, my eyes catch on a photo inside a thin, small frame. Inside is a photo of me and Conan, sitting on the railing of his balcony, from back when Ashley last visited... when Conan and I were still 'friends'. His arm is tight around my waist, but he's facing me and planting an exaggerated kiss on my cheek. I'm beaming at the camera, but blushing insanely, my hair messed up by the wind. 

I pick my feet up again, feeling a goofy grin spread across my face as I recall the memory. I enter the kitchen, seeing Ashley and Conan both darting from one side of the kitchen to the other as they gather items. There are piles of ingredients from yesterday, stacks of bowls and plates, as well as a handful of spoons and various spatulas dumped on the counter. It's not unusual for them to be in the kitchen in the mornings, this I know, but then I stop in my tracks at an unexpected sight. 

I must let out a noise of surprise that announces my presence because then they both stop in their tracks with matching looks of panic. Conan drops his though, almost instantly, and calmly jogs over to me and wraps me in his arms tightly. 

"Good late morning my love," he sighs into my shoulder, pressing a kiss to my warm skin. He pulls apart, leaning in to kiss my forehead, nose, then lips, "You seemed like you slept well," he squeezes my hand, "Good. You deserve it with how hard you work." He shuffles back towards the kitchen and I follow him, and Ash gives me a quick one-arm hug as she places a baking tray onto the counter.

"What's that for?" I ask suspiciously, pointing toward Conan's phone mounted on a tripod. They both exchange a distinct look.

"Can I tell her? Please?!" Conan begs her, and she rolls her eyes. 

"Yes, Cone! Tell the poor girl already!"

"Well baby," Conan drawls exaggeratedly, skirting around the bench back towards me, putting one hand to my cheek and the other on my waist grazing the skin beneath the hem of my- well, his- shirt. "Yesterday when we were in HEB I was filming a little... and Ashley and I were wondering if you'd like to film a new episode of the Ash and Cone cooking show with us?"

I scream. I audibly scream, and Conan starts clutching his stomach, laughter spilling from his mouth and tears from his eyes. I throw my arms around his neck, peppering kisses to his cheeks,