Chapter 28: Romantic Rumble on the Love Bus

As the dating show's bus rumbled along the winding road toward its next set location, the cast members were scattered throughout the vehicle, each engaged in their own activities.
Some were having a conversation with each other, some were sleeping.

The director, a tall figure with a commanding presence, rose from their seat at the front of the bus. They cleared their throat, and with a firm yet friendly tone, called out, "Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention, please?" The chatter gradually hushed as all eyes turned toward the director.

With a confident smile, the director continued, "I'm thrilled to announce that thanks to all of your incredible efforts, our dating show has been a massive hit! The audience loves the chemistry and drama you bring to the screen."

Pausing for a moment to let the excitement build, the director went on, "As a result of this success, we've decided to make our future episodes even more exciting. Starting today, our episodes will be longer, allowing us to delve deeper into the romantic connections and thrilling moments that make this show so special."

With a thoughtful expression, the director continued, "I understand that the longer episodes may be exhausting at times, but we want to take this show to new heights. To keep things fresh and give our viewers a glimpse of the behind-the-scenes action, we'll also be filming on the bus during your journeys. These short segments will add a touch of transparency and authenticity to our show, letting our audience in on your real-life moments and interactions."

Akane and Yuki sat next to each other on the bus, both looking surprised by the director's announcement. Yuki quickly rummaged through her bag, pulling out a compact mirror and some makeup. She whispered to Akane, "Can you believe this? I didn't expect to start filming right now!" With practiced precision, she applied a touch of makeup to her face to freshen up.

Akane, on the other hand, looked a bit flustered. She turned to Yuki and replied, "I know, right? This is so sudden. I'm not sure what to do." She glanced around, trying to gauge the reactions of the other cast members, some of whom were already adjusting to the idea of on-the-bus filming.

Yuki smirked mischievously and leaned in closer to Akane. With a sly tone, she whispered, "Oh, I know exactly what you should do, Akane."

Akane looked at Yuki with surprise, not expecting such a quick response. Before she could even ask, Yuki suddenly pushed her out of her seat and pointed toward the back of the bus with a dramatic flair. "You, my dear, should head back there and engage in some spontaneous, unscripted conversations. The viewers love authenticity, right? Go give them a taste of it!" Yuki urged with a wink.

Akane, still slightly bewildered by Yuki's sudden suggestion, turned her gaze towards the back of the bus. There, she spotted Hiroshi and Mem-Cho, the mischievous duo of the cast, exchanging playful banter and laughter. She hesitated for a moment, wondering if engaging with them was a good idea.

With a shrug and a newfound determination, she decided to take Yuki's advice. She rose from her seat and made her way towards Hiroshi and Mem-Cho, who immediately noticed her approach.

As Akane approached Hiroshi and Mem-Cho, the mischievous duo's banter was in full swing, and they seemed completely engrossed in their playful exchange. But Mem-Cho, with her keen sense of humor, quickly caught on to Akane's intention. She shot Akane a knowing wink and a thumbs-up, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

Mem-Cho then concocted a hilariously exaggerated excuse for Hiroshi, her voice dripping with comedic flair. "Hiro-tan, my dear friend, it has come to my attention that I must relocate immediately to another seat on this magnificent bus. There's a pressing matter that requires my expert attention, you see." She gestured dramatically toward an empty seat a row away as if it held the secrets of the universe.