How we would be

Abhiram's POV

"Do you suspect it was Kinjal?"

We had called Pratik bhai the first thing in the morning and had invited him over to discuss the happenings of yesterday. Much to our good fortune, Aaru had forgotten about the incident and was his normal self.

The both of us - we were still shaken, Avi more than me, but we were coping. Since the time we had waken up, the moment Aaru and I would be out of her sight, she would come searching for us. To provide her the much needed assurance, I sat on the living room couch with her in my arms, and Aaru in hers. I engulfed the two of them in a warm hug, and the three of us stayed that way for a long time, for as long as we needed.

When we broke the hug, Avi glanced at me, a grateful smile on her face, her eyes lacking the somber emotion they held since yesterday.

"I needed that."

"I know, my love.", I pecked her forehead and Aaru's too.

"I do not really know Pratik bhai. Yesterday, when we had clamed down a bit, Abhi thought of the incident logically and we were deducing as to who might actually think of doing this with us. Kinjal's name popped into his mind, but we aren't really sure. What do you think? Can she do something like this?"

He snorted at Avi's question, "Bhabhi, how can you even doubt this? That vile woman did not think twice before killing our daughter to satiate her narcissistic pursuits. I personally think she's very capable of being the reason behind this mishap with you. Abhi bhai sahi keh rahe hai."

(Abhi bhai sahi keh rahe hai - Abhi bhai is right)

"Let's do one thing - lets report this incident in the local police station. Bhabhi, the new inspector here is a good friend of mine. We were together in the academy. You also know him - that murder case of Jamnagar involving the local goon."

Avi nodded.

"Yes, it was quite spoken of in the media. Ohh, was he the in-charge officer?", her eyes widened in realization.

"Ji (yes). So, let's meet him and inform him of all of this. I personally suggest not to inform him of whom we suspect, let him come up with some leads first. What do you think?"

"Hmm, that would be the right thing to do.", Avi stated seriously.

I agreed with the both of them blindly, since they understand law, and I do not - I mean, not as well as they do.

We were done watching the CCTV footage along with the local inspector Mr. Trivedi. He seemed like a sensible and honest officer, and I felt we could trust him, considering his friendship with Pratik bhai.

"Adv. Gandhi, the mirror came in contact with your husband and injured him, and its still lying over there. Its such a valuable proof and lead for us. Thanks to the massive speed of the car, we aren't really able to catch ahold of its number plate, but this mirror will help us in a lot of ways it seems."

"We need to check if its still there.", Avi put forth.

"Dave, fast forward the footage to today, and check if the mirror's still there or not.", his PSI did as told and much to our luck, the mirror was there.

After completing some formalities and an assurance from inspector Trivedi, we started to leave for home. Avi went ahead to get the car from the parking space while Pratik bhai and I followed her. We had left Aaru at mom and dad's home since it was mom's birthday and we too would be going there in the evening.

"How's the pain Abhiram bhai?", he asked gesturing towards my arm.

"Its bearable, but she's very concerned.", I pointed in Avi's direction.