fate

"it takes a very brave man to kill the woman he loves Victor, or maybe a coward.. I never knew the difference did I?"

my tears are thin, cold, and small. a small insignificant part in history that has taken upon my face. a cold, cooling, patheic liquid that has leaked out of my eyes as I stare at his

I can see him tremble as he holds the gun at me. living in solitary can make a man do many crazy things, even turning against his captor who he once claimed to protect.

"you know what a coward is! that is why I have been locked away, forced to do your bidding, forced to never see the outside world again"

he counters, seemingly looking through my bluff. he knows what has become of me and as I know what has become of him

"it is written in the stars and dances along the moon, sealed by the mouths of the fates. whatever you are about to choose, I have no control over. I have no part in this play other than to be a captor of a victim and a victim of the monster I created. but I am no longer a playwrighter for I am simply a character whose actions can be easily molded"

I stared into his deep brown eyes, I knew this made him uncomfortable, I knew that he hated sharing such intimate moments

"you know that I must do this y/n. for my sanity and for my health; I cannot let you live"

his words already felt like daggers in my heart. his eyes held no remorse as he sloppily held the gun to my head but a slight twinge of fear lurked in his face

"then do it victor. you and I both know what must become of me"

I spluttered out, my eyes darting across the room. I truly was a puppet in my own show, no longer the skillful marionette. it had seemed that the long drawn out tired shell of a man had switched into a flaming rage of desperation and detest

"you know that I can't let you go. not even after death y/n"

he looked like he wanted to leave but we both knew what was coming. sometimes fate had a cruel way of making it seem painfully obvious of your ending.

"I love you victor"

I smiled, even at gunpoint I couldn't help but admire the beautiful man that lay before me. my eyes being blessed at the sight of his striking brown disheveled hair and freckled cheeks.

"goodbye my love"

he muttered as he pulled the trigger, my lifeless body falling limp as a soft melody played as I fell, surely I was intrigued to see what sick and twisted hell awaited for me on the other side.

our names became legends, ghost stories to haunt little children. the two lovers who danced around all day in an empty ball room, a room where so many memories were held, a room where a young man danced with an unresponsive young female.

for this is what the fates had written.