3.1 | Civility

Wrong number part two
Possibly a TW: abusive household.
———————————————————————————
Months had passed since Taylor helped you throught a crises, but it didn't end how she expected it to. The call ended on a sprint. There was nothing Taylor could do, and she has been feeling helpless eversince. She has always loved to help people, just as she had helped you, but something about you was different. She didn't feel like she did enough, despite of having done everything in her power, she felt like she failed you.

Going on with her life, but still, you crossed her mind sometimes. So many questions came along with the thought of you, but she couldn't answer any of them. Pacing all over New York to get her mind off of things, she passed by the State of New York psychiatric hospital. Shivering, she held Selena's hand even stronger.

"You wanna go in?" Selena asked.

"Do you think I should?" Taylor responded.

"If you want, sure." Selena said as she rubbed her fingers over Taylor's hands, when they both took a step further.

They entered the building, shocked at the sight.

The walls were barely hanging onto the paint, the floor was dirty and there were spider webs at every corner.

"Hi" Taylor said softly to the lady at the front desk.

"Afternoon. What can I do for you?" she said.

"I'm here for Y/n." She said.

"Who, exactly?"

"Y/n, came from an orphanage." Taylor said, waiting to give more details to help the lady find you, but she didn't have them.

"Oh, well aware. Semms like she's not here."

"Was she dismissed?" Taylor's smile lit up, looking over at Sel, excitedly.

"Seems like she was never here. She's admitted at another unit of ours." Taylor's bright smile faded as the truth kicked in. She never asked where you were from.

"Alright, where is she at?" Selena spoke this time.

" I don't think I have the permission to display this kind od information, it's confidential, Miss." Taylor knelt to the ground, holding onto her knees, rocking back and forth.

"Okay, thank you." Selena said, a little sad, while grabbing Taylor by the arm to take her back to the car. "Come on, Tay. We are going to figure this out, I promise you!

"Miss" The old lady said, trying to get Gomez's attention. " I can't give out a lot of information, but it doesn't say anything about a second name." The polite old dame said, side smiling and handing Selena a paper with your full name on it. She snatched it on her pocket before Taylor, whom was sobbing weakly could see.

"Thank you so much!" Selena said, before leaving with Taylor.

"You're welcome, good luck, angel"

A few weeks later, after the New York incident, Selena had scheduled them both a trip to Taylor's hometown.

"Why are we going anyways?" Taylor complained.

"Because I want to? And because you can't stop your life because of someone you don't know! You've been weeks without doing any music or going to the studio. Jack has called over me a thousand times, I can't even hear his voice without throwing up anymore." She must of been telling the truth, because her face turned absolutely grey.

"I'm telling you, Sel, we have a connection! It's like I have known her all my life" Taylor sighs.

"Yeah, but you don't even remember her face!" Selena said. Taylor was taken back by the lack of empathy. That wasn't like Selena, not at all. She's the sweetest person Taylor has ever met. "I'm sorry, Tay, I didn't mean to.."