Five

A couple of weeks had passed. The wounds from that night had were healing though a faint black eye was still present. Neither you not Light had brought up what happened with Kira, that is, until Light brought it up on a day you both had off.

"Now that you know who I am, "Began Light, "I should explain my girlfriend's death. She was a model who had acquired the item required to kill from a shinigami. She found me, somewhat using the item and had been in my way from then on. Her shinigami protected her. It ended up killing him which allowed me to kill her. She was the second Kira."

You were frightened but still intrigued, "If I may ask, what is the item?"

Light explained the Death Note, the shinigami, and the shinigami eyes. You now understood what happened that night better.

He sighed, "I'm telling you this because I love you dearly and trust you. I hope you can accept this or..."

You put your hand on his, "I understand. I'll stay out if your way. After all, you saved my life with that."

You did as you said and you let him do what he wanted with the Death Note. Crime rates had dropped at an amazing rate. Loving Light so much, you would have believed he was doing good whether or not. He did truly love you but he loved the power he held. You began to question it but tried to forget.

On a warm spring day, you and Light were walking in the park. The park was just gorgeous. It had neatly trimmed hedges with sweet red, white, pink, and yellow flowers. It was very clean and calm. The tall green trees were beautiful.

"You know, we should go on a date on Friday night," Suggested Light with a warm smile.

You giggled, "This Friday?"

"Yes, ____."

"Well, that would be nice. I can wear that new dress!"

"I guess it's a date then."

That Friday, you got home around 4:30 and began to get ready. You did your make up simply but not too simple. It went with your dress. The dress was long enough to stop just above your knees. It kind of tight on top and became more flow-y towards the bottom. The neckline was directly below your collarbone. It was a nice pastel orange-white color. You decided to wear white flats with it along with pearl ear rings and a pearl bracelet. You did your hair to where it was in a down-do but curled. It took you about an hour to get ready. Light arrived home right after you finished getting ready. He decided to wear a nice to suit. One of his nicest suits to be exact. It took him much less time to get ready. You two left at about 6:15. He was taking you out to a restaurant that wasn't extremely fancy but was still fancy. Light had bought a car for the two of you the week before.

As you got into the car, Light looked at you, "You look amazing, ____."

"Thank you, Light," You replied cheerfully.

You arrived to the restaurant and the waiter led you to a table for two. Light ordered steak and you ordered what looked best to you. You enjoyed your meal.

"I hope you two lovebirds enjoyed your dinner. Would you like desert? We have treats like our strawberry cake."

You saw Light's smile fade a small bit at hearing "strawberry cake." He regained his sweet smile and looked to you.

"Maybe we should get some chocolate cake," He suggested.

You nodded and the waiter soon brought chocolate cake and left once again. You took a bite of your piece as Light put his soft hand on yours.

"____, I love you. I live you with my whole heart and beyond. You are my shining star. No matter what you've stayed with me. If it weren't for your devotion, I wouldn't have made it this far. You are the best I could have asked for. ____, my shining star, I will be yours forever. You have been my love and I want it to be like that for the rest of out lives," He stood up and got on one knee.

The whole restaurant fell silent. Your hand cupped over you mouth and tears of joy began running down you cheeks. Light pulled out a small box, opened it, and exposed an amazingly beautiful ring with the most spectacular white diamond. The ring itself had a stunning design.

He slipped the ring onto your finger, "Will you, ____, marry me?"

All you could do was nod your head and smile. He stole your words. You both got up and embraced one another. The whole restaurant began to clap. You two received a free meal that night.