9

I run into the forest, Minho yells for my name, worried.

My breath quickens. This isn't real. This isn't real.. I keep telling myself the same thing but nothing changes.

The crack of twigs reveals Minho behind me, i sniffle, still crying like a waterfall, "Go away."

He exhaled, sliding down the tree on his back, "You know when I saw your dead body the second time, when Gally killed you. I didn't feel real, it felt so cartoony. I was thinking, 'All this for nothing.' I hated Gally. So much. For what he did for you."

In a shaky voice I spit, "How is this supposed to help me?! You don't even know what's wrong."

He sighs, "Because y/n, all that man does it make you hurt. Think of it like wet grass on fire, the quicker you put out the fire the easier it gets. I'm not telling you to do anything, but I want you to do the right thing."

I close my eyes, part my lips, "We're engaged."

Silence soaks up the air like a sponge. He sighs, resting his head in his lap, "Sorry, y/n."

He walks away, I let out a cry so loud I'm sure everyone could hear me. I rest my head in my arms, trying to get the pain to stop.

If Gally truly loves me, then he wouldn't cause me all this pain. I feel so unloved.

'When you've awoken your unconscious mind, you'll see what the truth is.'

"God!" I groan, hitting my hand to my head, knowing what I have to do.

I wipe my eyes, tucking my hair behind my ears. Taking a deep breath, I retreat from the woods, Minho stares at me as I approach him at the builders hut.

"Hey." My voice breaks.

He smiles, jogging up to me, "What's up?" Noticing me crying.

I look over to Minho, he nods his head, furrowing his brows, letting me know that when this is over, I can go to him.

A breath of relief exhales from my lips, "I wanna break up."

He stands in silence, looking at me with his eyes narrowed, "Wh— What. What do you mean? Why?!"

I look at my hands, fiddling with them, "I'm sorry. I don't think it's going to work out." I shrug, feeling tears trickle down my face.

I turn my back to him, walking away with a frown, as I approach Minho, he immediately wraps his arms around me as I sob into his chest, "It's okay." He whispers, softly resting his hand on my head.

In a pit of anger, Gally rushes into our hut, slamming the door aggressively. I never knew what happened in there.

(Gally's pov)

As I'm doing my job, I see Izzy approach. Oh, god. What does she want now?

She grins, "Hey. You good?"

I nod my head, and raise my brows, "What do you want?"

"Do you get these weird thoughts from when you were little? The other girls said they haven't and I thought it was just because were from another glade." She queries.

I raise a brow, pointing my attention over to her, "Yeah.. not good one's though, I'm sure it doesn't mean anything."

She frowns, seeing me in distress, she reaches for my hand, pulling me into a distant hut, shutting the door in our way in, "Sit down." She demands.

I exhaled, sitting my heiny on a not very soft bed.

She perched next to me, stroking my back to soothe me somehow, "I know what you're going through, I remember everything from my past life and it still hurts me."

As soon as her cold hands hit my back, I immediately thought of y/n. God, what would she say if she saw this.

"This feels wrong." I gulp, trying to shuffle further from her, but she moves closer everytime.

She smiles, raising an eyebrow, "This means nothing. You love y/n and I respect that. I'm just here as a friend to a friend helping you out."

I exhale slowly, making myself less self aware. All my mind was thinking about was y/n. How beautiful her hair, her laugh, smile and her lips—

All of a sudden I was kissing Izzy, I have no idea how long, I pull away quickly, but she suddenly straddles me, pulling me closer, "No.." I whisper, throwing her on the bed and immediately walking out of the door.

To distract myself from what monstrosity had just occurred I go to work at the builders hut for about 15 minutes.

My eyes avert to y/n, walking out of the woods with puffy eyes, even from crying she still look beautiful.

"Hey." She sniffles, voice cracking.

My brows furrowed in concern, "What's up?"

I could see her heart breaking in front of my eyes, the words that I would never have imagined her saying is what she said, "I wanna break up."

My body automatically shaked into shock, lips parted as dust escaped, not being able to say any words, I didn't even want to.

Eventually I succumbed to conveying, "Wh—What. What do you mean? Why?!"

She looks down at the floor or her shaky hands, praying to god that I don't make a scene, "I'm sorry. I don't think it's going to work out."

Her tears dropped to her floor, like my heart in my chest. I don't know how to explain heartbreak, it feels even worse then death.

Once she turned her back onto me, I knew I've lost her forever, this made me furious, especially seeing her run off to Minho. My fist clenched tightly, feeling my whole body go off the rails, so I quickly run into my hut, slamming the door closed.

I pace the floor, still with fists clenched, when I look at my shaky palms blood almost consumes it from the pressure of my hands.

Falling to my knees, I lean up against the bed, tilting my head back, feeling the tears fall down my neck.

I want her back.