EXTRA

this is some extra ideas for what happened after the book trilogy (like a head cannon)

(gally's pov)

my stomach dropped, a ringing in my ear was louder than the screams from the glade. i gained up the courage to walk outside the glade in pools of tears.

the gladers were surrounded the maze entrance. the letter in my hand dropped to the wind of the glade.

i ran.

as fast as i possibly could. pushing past everyone, ignoring the yells and cries of people telling me to stop.

i paced around the glade with adrenaline. every inch of me was praying that it wasn't true and that she was alive.

in the distance i heard the wail of minho and a few other gladers, screaming her name. my breath was loud and my heart was aching.

i stopped.

there laid my wife.

my mouth parted.
i watched as they attempted to pick her up.
her body looks distorted.

falling to my knees, i hit the ground, almost clinging onto a piece of stone.

my beautiful wife.

i averted my eyes away from her disappearance body and to the floor, my tears pattering and flooding the floor. my chest was filled with anger.

minho tapped my back. "gally.. come on." said almost empathetically.

all the anger in my body disputes as i swung my arm up, punching him in the face. falling ontop of him, i punched him.

again.

again.

again.

again.

and again.

until i could see bone and blood pouring down his face.

i fall backwards, it was all bloody and blurry as i looked at my fist. minho laid against the wall, spitting out blood and coughing whilst holding his nose.

i just shook my head, dragging my feet across the maze, eventually making it back to the glade.

the gladers were there to almost greet me as they were all in tears. i kept my head down and walked all the way to medjack to visit my wife.

she wasn't there.

i wiped my nose and sat on the floor.

my gaze narrowed as i stared at the floor. how oblivious could i have been to not see how much she was struggling?

i hear a knock on the medjack. minho enters, his nose all cleaned up.

he doesn't say a word, he only trusts me enough to sit beside me. his arms resting on his knee. "i get it, gally."

the room was silent as i soak in my thoughts.

i miss the warmth of her body, smile, face. the way she smiled, the way she loved me and everyone else around.

she never got the love back that she deserved.

"it's my fault." i conveyed, breaking down in tears.

minho stared at me with the violent tears falling down my face. "it's not, gally. she loved you and i know she loved you, from the day you met. it's not your fault."

those words are something i wanted to hear for a long time.

everything leading up to y/n's death was about me. me stabbing her, me attempting to kill her. the guilt and shame had made me think that it was all my fault.

hearing those words from minho is the best thing i've ever been told.