Early Life

Narrator's Monologue:

Date: February 22, 1513

Let's begin with the earliest (most likely). We find ourselves at the Royal Palace of Brussels, where we meet the Saxe-Coburg Dynasty and the King of Belgium, King Emmanuel VI, and Helena White.

At this hour, the three princes, namely Prince Anthon, Prince Anthony, and Prince Dominic, are still asleep, along with our leading lady, Princess Calliope. Therefore, the King instructed one of Princess Calliope's ladies-in-waiting, Lady Sandra.

King Emmanuel: Lady Sandra, please go to Calliope's chamber and wake her. Upon her awakening, prepare her for the upcoming ceremony.

Lady Sandra: As you wish, Your Majesty. (She bows and leaves the chamber).

Queen Helena approaches the King.

Helena White: My King, what is the purpose of the ceremony to be held this noon?

King Emmanuel VI: This is an important occasion for the Te Deum Mass. It holds great significance in the tradition of all of Belgium.

Helena White: They are grown now, and they know their responsibilities. You don't need to wake them.

King Emmanuel: (He faced her and replied in a cool tone) Well then, if that's truly the case, why aren't they here at this time?

Helena: (She falls silent).

King Emmanuel: Perhaps you don't want me to assign them their Royal duties, which they should be fulfilling.

The King left the chamber, leaving the Queen behind.

Lady Sandra's Monologue:

It's 8 in the morning, and the Princess is still asleep. (Sighs) But then, what they, the siblings, did last night must have been exhausting.

I'm standing in front of the door to Princess Calliope's chamber, and I enter. Indeed, she's still bundled up in her blanket. Oh, the princess.

Me: Your Highness, it's time to wake up and get ready for the upcoming ceremony.

There's no response from under the blanket, so I repeat myself.

Me: Your Highness, I'm begging you. Please get up.

Still no response, so I had an idea. I opened the blanket.

Me: Prin— (I pause, startled to find the Princess missing from under the blanket) SAAAAA!

Soon, the guards approached me.

Guard 1: Miss, why did you scream?

Me: Princess Calliope, look for her, she's not here.

Guard 2: What? Spread the word!

But we were surprised when the large wardrobe moved.

Me: Who's in there? (I approached with fear to look) Who... (I opened the wardrobe, and the Princess was standing before me) Your Highness, what were you doing there? You worried us.

Princess Calliope: We were just playing hide and seek with Anthon, but they haven't returned.

Me: Oh, you're too old to be playing such games. Where are they now?

Princess Calliope: I don't know! Let's not waste any more time on them.

Me: Alright then. Guards, please call my companions. We need to prepare the Princess for the upcoming ceremony.

Princess Calliope: Let's go.

I followed her.

*TO BE CONTINUED