White Rose

Deep Figurative Ancient British English:

Princess Calliope POV:

It was late when we returned to the palace. My brothers and the Queen arrived ahead of us. Father was expected to follow.

We were now in the chamber.

Helena White:
Darling, follow your brothers and retire.

Me:
Not just yet, Mother. I want to spend some time here in front of the palace garden. Besides, I'm not tired, I promise I'll sleep once drowsiness visits me.

Helena White:
Very well, but don't stay out past 9 PM. It's unsafe. Goodnight. (She embraced me)

Me:
Goodnight, Mother. (I returned the embrace)

Helena White: (chuckles, then turned away)

The moon was beautiful, round and bright, accompanied by a gentle breeze. I wandered towards the white roses and plucked one, but its scent didn't appeal to me.

After some time, Father's carriage arrived. I was about to step forward to greet him, but as he descended from the carriage, a lady followed him... Lady Sandra? The leader of my ladies-in-waiting? How?

I abandoned my intentions and concealed myself among the bushes, fortunate they didn't notice my presence.

I watched in shock as Father's hand traveled to Lady Sandra's waist and hand... It appeared I was a witness to a forbidden romance, and it was indeed real.

King Emmanuel VI (Father):
My lady, your complexion shines even brighter than the moon. May I kiss your most enticing lips? Hmm.

What is Father saying? It sent shivers down my spine hearing it.

Lady Sandra:(flirting)
Oh, my lord, you've stolen my lips' virginity many times since, and just think, you don't even have to ask for permission anymore.

What is this treacherous woman saying? She's a traitor, not just to me but to the dignity of the crown! She's stolen the possession of another, my mother's no less! How audacious and ungrateful. She was trusted. What I heard from my mother's lips earlier was true. There was something amiss with the two of them. They're cursed pigs!

King Emmanuel VI (Father):
(He kissed Lady Sandra with remarkable sweetness)

Lady Sandra:
(She clung to him and bit his lips)

Filled with fiery emotions, I emerged from my hiding place and confronted their unforgivable profanity!

Me: (confronting them)
Swine! Shameless!

They halted their romance and looked at me.

Lady Sandra:(her eyes widened)
Your Highness? F-forgive me.

King Emmanuel VI (Father):
Calliope? How... Arghhh, now you've seen it.

Enraged, I snatched a thorn from the roses and struck Father with it.

Me:
Shame on you, Father! I believed you were faithful to Mother in your marriage, but... Why?

Tears welled up as I uttered these words.

Me:
And you, Sandra, you've been my support since my childhood, and you've been betraying me from behind my back? You've betrayed not just me, but Mother as well, and we placed our trust in you. You're aware, and yet you've remained ignorant.

Lady Sandra:
Dearest Princess...

Me:
Spare me your words.

King Emmanuel VI (Father):
Enough! Calliope!

Me:*(filled with anger and resentment)
Both of you! From this day forth, you shall never earn my respect again, for you do not deserve it.

King Emmanuel VI (Father):
And now that you know, it's out in the open. Tomorrow, I shall file for divorce from your mother, and I can't promise your legitimacy won't be affected.

Me:
You're worthless. (I punched Father)

I turned and quickly entered the palace.

*To be Continued*