39; Annyeonghaseyo.

H

is phone wasn't going through.

That was the one thing that registered in Amina's mind, and it was as annoying as it could get. Even as she rushed out of her apartment, unbothered by how she'll look to people dressed as she is. How she looked to everyone else was the least of her concerns though.

She made her way to his apartment, which was only a few steps away from hers and banged on the door repeatedly. But, much as she dreaded, there was no response. She repeated the action for what lasted a few minutes, only for her annoyance to grow upon not getting a response.

Her heart hammered behind her ribcage, she could almost hear the sound loud in her ears. Her feet carried her away from that position with great difficulty. She had on destination in mind, the one place she was certain she would get answers on whether he was still there or not.

The manager's office.

She could recall the direction to it after them heading there on her first day there. Looking back, it seemed like ages ago. She was there much to her dislike, and yet, there she was willingly walk back into the place.

Stepping out of the elevator that took her there, she didn't bother to knock on the door as she pushed it open and stepped in, instantly gaining the attention of the people in there. Upon stepping in, her gaze fell on that of the familiar face of the manager, and about two others that she recognized being workers there as well.

They seemed to be involved in a meeting or something. Whatever it is, she didn't care in the slightest.

The man's gaze slowly morphed into that of recognition, making him get on his feet while offering her an uncertain smile. Normally, he would hold up that smile as bright as the midday sun, but judging from the look on her face, he doubts she was there to catch up over a warm mug of tea.

Nonetheless, he did a good job to hold up his smile. "Miss Ibrahim." He knew her from the two encounters in the past. The room mix-up encounter and that of Aahil falling ill. They've spent long enough it's expected they knew each other's first names even.

Amina slanted her gaze in the direction of the two others in the room, staring at her with more curiosity than she would've liked. They were the least of her concerns though. She was simply weighing her options to speak in front of them or not till she decided to simply screw it.

Her steel gaze met his dead in the eyes, her expression holding anything but lark. "Where is he?" She inquired, her voice low, but threatening.

He blinked, feigning confusion. "What...who are you talking about exactly, Miss?" She wasn't sure if he was asked to keep his lips shut or he was simply doing it to get on her nerves.

Whichever it was, he was doing a good job at achieving the latter.

She flicked her eyes close, taking in a deep breath to calm herself. She counted to three in her mind, before she peeled them open and met his gaze again—slowly repeating her earlier words. "Where is he?" Her eyes dared him to feign ignorance again. "Did he step out? Is he in his apartment?" She was still very much in denial, not wanting to accept the truth of the matter. At one point, she even held onto a ridiculous thought that pained her. She swallowed thickly, the words sounding bitter on her tongue. "Is he avoiding me?"

Did she perhaps do something that would make him react that way? Did she offend him unknowingly? Or did she do something to make him feel any less than he is?

She couldn't remember doing that knowingly. But, if perhaps, she did, then she was willing to put an end to it so long as he shows himself up and put an end to this disappearing act. She hates it the most.