Chapter Two.

Chapter Two ~ A bunch of Jackasses

————————————

Addison Mitchell,

My best friend had a huge crush on my twin brother, Blake. And during sophomore year, when Blake was almost graduating from high school, she decided to act on it. She told Blake she liked him.

And she always rubbed it on my face that "One of the main reasons she became friends with me, was because I have a hot twin."  I felt a little bad, childish bad, but then it wasn't a lie. My brother was good looking. Although I wasn't too far from that gene.

Now see, I'm not the sort of Best friend who gives off "Do not date my brother without my permission" vibes. I am the "I don't care, do whatever you want with my brother, but do not hurt him" kind of girl. And even if Blake was an asshole at times, I would still fight for him. So when Addison told me about her feelings for my brother, I was happy, ecstatic even. I knew that Addison suited Blake but when she informed me of her plan to confess on prom night in sophomore year, I was totally against the idea. Because I knew what sort of girls my brother dated and how he played fast with them and dumped them later. I was worried for my Addie.

But all the same, She promposed and Blake let her down. Really hard. I was so Angry, I swore I could see red. How could he humiliate her like that? Addison struggled to recover, and revenge became a tempting prospect, this was for a justifiable reason, but my sweet little best friend didn't want me doing anything to hurt Blake. I couldn't see her like this, I had to take revenge behind her back. I spilled one of Blake's many secrets I knew to my mom and she stopped him from going to his graduation after-party. I was happy, and he wanted to kill me. Maybe that was why Blake stopped telling me things, but who cares?

The ride to Addie's house was quiet, and dare I say a thick layer of awkwardness hung in the air. I refrained from asking her the obvious question – "Are you alright?" – because, truthfully, she clearly wasn't. It would be a dumb question to pose to someone who looked like they wanted to dig a hole and bury themselves in it for the foreseeable future.

Unexpectedly, Addison broke the quietude. "Did you know he was coming?" The question caught me off guard.

"What?" I looked at her with surprise, a hint of hurt lingering. The thought that she believed I might have known about Blake's arrival and failed to give her a heads-up stung. "Of course not! What kind of friend would I be if I knew my jackass twin was coming and I didn't care to inform my bestie?"

Addison chuckled in response, teasingly saying, "A jackass sister?"

I shot her a glare but couldn't help but smile. "Yes, a jackass sister."

"Sorry," she apologized, her eyes meeting mine with a warm smile. "It was just so..."

"Sudden?" I couldn't blame her though.

"Yeah... and I couldn't even recognize him. He's changed. A lot. Grown into a man with those broad shoulders and chest," Addison sighed dreamily.

"Stop. You're doing that again," I gave her a pointed look.

"Doing what again?"

"Falling for my butthole of a brother again." While it might not be the most mature term, it was an accurate description. Blake had a knack for being difficult.

"Come on, Aves. I was just stating the obvious fact."

"Well, I don't want you to get hurt again." I looked at her earnestly, and she responded with a reassuring smile, whispering, "I won't."

"He's lying," I say "He came here for a reason"

"Yeah, I noticed," Addy grinned back at me. "His left eye twitched." Addison knew my brother better than most. "But what could Blake Kolton Richards be up to?"