--=Kestrel's Trial=---

Y/N--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come on. When will this start? I thought Scarlet said she wanted to get this trial over and done with. We've been sitting here in the cold for thirty minutes... well, not me at least. You thought, feeling slightly grateful for your position. 

You were sitting there, curled up snuggly into Scarlet's tail with her front legs either side of you. As it was still in the morning, the air felt nippy with the cool wind - being so high up in the mountains. It would take another hour or two until the sun had warmed up the environment. At least with Scarlet, you were warm, meaning you didn't have to worry about being cold. While you still felt a bit embarrassed and concerned about the way the Skywing tyrant was handling you, at least you were still safety hidden. The Skywings on the other hand, were obviously used to the mountain environment as they shrugged the chill off as if it was nothing. 

The feeling reminded you of Tsunami's platform. Up there, you also had a slightly less terrifying (but still clearly possessive) dragoness to take care of you. Regardless, you hoped the trial would be starting soon. So far, nothing much had happened... well apart from the arrival of a few more dragons. Particularly Vermilion.

Only a few minutes ago, you had been suprised to see the tall Skywing stride suddenly out of the passageway behind you, bowing to Scarlet, before taking his place at the edge of the balcony. To his left, just below him was Rhinestone and Osprey, who had been chatting quietly. Upon Vermilion taking his seat, Osprey glanced up at him and gave a nod, before receiving one in return.

For two dragons who are going to be debating and arguing about each other's cases throughout the trial, they seem to respect each other... well, then again Vermilion IS Scarlet's son. You thought, looking up at the Skywing's towering figure.

I've always wondered why he treats Scarlet like he isn't even related to her. He is literally her son! Perhaps Scarlet doesn't like it? I didn't see him at breakfast this morning. Well... I mean, Scarlet isn't exactly the motherly type... but still.  

He certainly stood out against the white-grey stone of the platform that was for sure. Not just the glossy red color of his scales, but most notably his size. He towered over Queen Scarlet, along with quite a few other dragons at the area which made him look rather intimidating.

Hopefully he's not that bad. Considering I'm living in the palace, I might start seeing more of him. It's always nice to meet another character... or at least one that doesn't want to incinerate or eat me -

That was when you heard it. A low rumbling noise, like something large and heavy was being moved - or more rolled - out onto the balcony. Turning your head, you peaked around Scarlet, as the queen also turned her head to look behind her. 

What you saw, was probably the last dragon you expected see in this scenario. It was Glory. The Rainwing was still on her marble tree, that was being rolled out of the passageway by two guards. The tree now had four wheels attached to the underside, so it didn't need to be carried. As the sunlight hit her scales, a brilliant display lit up across her body, causing you to suppress a gasp - a shimmering purple pattern, with hints of yellow and orange like stars. She was just as beautiful as you remembered out in the sunlight.

 She was just as beautiful as you remembered out in the sunlight