Thirty

⇥ SONG WRITING PROCRASTINATION CLUB

conman😎 added wifey🥰 to the chat

conman😎 changed chat name

⇥ SONG WRITING PROCRASTINATION CLUB + JENNA 

conman😎
tessa
how did it go
we saw your post
are you guys together finally?

livy💜
oh my god yeah
are you guys finally an item??!!!

wifey🥰
tell us tessa!!!

tessa
so
funny story...
i might have not asked him on a date because i chickened out
and now we still don't know where we stand because yesterday had literally been a date
but we never specified it so now i don't know if its a date or not

livy💜
oh. my. god

conman😎
WHAT THE FUCK

wifey🥰
TESSA

tessa
im sorryyyyy
i panicked
i didnt want to ruin whatever we have

conman😎
at the moment you have NOTHING

tessa

conman😎TESSA I WILL MURDER YOU

conman😎
TESSA I WILL MURDER YOU

tessa
why would you tell me that
i could sue you now
i have a very good lawyer

livy💜
tesssaaaa
why do you keep doing this to yourself

tessa
okay now ur actually hurting my feelings

wifey🥰
we're just saying we wish you would have asked him

tessa
yeah
so do i
but i didnt so theres no reason to yell at me

livy💜
tessa

tessa
i gtg im at the airport

conman😎
tessa

Theresa powered her phone off, refusing to answer any of her friend's messages until she was back home. Bitterness churned in her gut as she remembered their words, acting as if she was some toddler than didn't do as she was told. This was her life. If she didn't want to ask Charles what they were then it was her decision to make, not theirs.

But she did want to ask him. Desperately. Confusion and nerves gnawed at her day and night. What were they? Did he like her back? Were they anything at all or was it all in Tessa's head? The thoughts haunted her, as did the hollow disappointment knowing she'd be leaving, confused again, and wouldn't be able to clear it up with Charles for who knew how long, because Tessa refused to have that conversation over text.

Angry with herself Tessa continued walking through the airport, reaching the baggage drop off. She hated going to the airport by herself, but she'd been too nervous to ask Charles to come with her after her failure to ask him out. So here she was, by herself, cursing everything and everyone inside her mind.

"Tessa!"

Tessa's head whipped around at the sound of Charles's voice, her eyes widening to an almost comical degree when she found Charles half jogging half running towards her.

What the fuck?

"Charles," Tessa said, almost laughing. "What are you- what are you doing here?"

Charles reached her and let out a breathless laugh, panting slightly as he stood in front of her. "I needed to ask you something."

Theresa raised her eyebrows. "And you couldn't just text me...?"

Charles was already shaking his head, putting a hand in his hair nervously. "No, it's important."

Tessa was slightly nervous now, eyes darting from his nervous antics to the way he was standing in front of her, no touch whatsoever, acting almost formally towards her. What was happening?

"What is it?" Tessa asked hesitantly.

Charles glanced around, relieved to find no people watching them, and took a deep breath, staring at Tessa.

"I've wanted to say this for a while but I've been to scared," he said in a rush, Tessa barely managing to catch his words. "I like you, Tessa. A lot. And more than a friend way."

It was safe to say Tessa was officially freaking out. Her dream was literally coming true in front of her eyes and suddenly Tessa was unprepared and had no idea what to say or do.

"You do?"

Charles let out a small laugh at Tessa's awestruck expression. "Of course Tessa. You are an amazing woman, and I am so glad we managed to meet each other even when it was against all odds. You are amazing, and if you would like, I would love to take you out on a date."

Tessa couldn't help the laugh that escaped her. "So yesterday wasn't a date?"

Charles winced sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well it was supposed to be but... I didn't manage to ask you about it. Sorry for that."

Tessa really wanted to kiss Charles, but she was aware of the people around her. It was a busy airport, and even if no one was looking now they would definitely notice if she kissed Charles Leclerc.

"I would love to go on a date with you," Tessa said instead softly. "Properly."

Charles's face lit up, and he took a step forward seeming without meaning to, a hand going to Tessa's waist. "Yeah?"

"Of course," she smiled. "I've liked you for ages, Charles."

Charles grinned, leaning in closer. "As have I."

The possibility of a kiss was there, as was the overwhelming temptation, but Tessa, along with Charles, knew that kissing in public before they'd even gone on their first proper date would not be a good idea, so they settled for a kiss on the cheek that from the outside would seem friendly, but on the inside it was anything but.

"Come to the Monaco Grand Prix at the end of the month?" Charles asked softly, their faces still close together. "I do not want to have to wait so long before seeing you again."

Tessa smiled. "Okay."

Charles squeezed her hand, looking at her with a soft adoration that Tessa finally noticed, and took a step back.

"See you then Tessie."

Tessa's heart warmed at the nickname, one none of her friends used. It was something for her, from Charles only. It made her want to scream into a pillow and kick her feet.

"See you then Charles."