Sixty Four

SKY SPORTS LIVE

"And around corner 10 Charles Leclerc goes, currently in the lead with a 2 second gap between him and Oscar Piastri driving for Mclaren. The rain has started again, just some light spitting but there is a chance it will get heavier. Ferrari have put Carlos Sainz in the pit to change to wet tires but has left Charles Leclerc out in the case there is no more rain. A real gamble for Ferrari, let's see if it turns out in their favour."

The crimson and yellow car turns another corner, skidding precariously but managing to stay on the road. There are cheers coming from the stands, the fans as pumped as ever even amidst the poor weather conditions.

"And behind Charles Leclerc and Oscar Piastri we have a race between Lando Norris and Max Verstappen with a 1  second gap. If Verstappen can get that down to- oh we're getting something from Charles Lecler'c radio, lets listen in."

Charles Leclerc's muffled voice fills the screen as he spoke. "There is something wrong with the breaks."

"And Charles Leclerc is telling his team there is something wrong with his breaks! In a race with these wet conditions things have take quite a sudden turn."

All eyes are on the Ferrari car as it drives through the track and the upcoming turn 15 ahead, the sharpest turn in the circuit. 

"The Ferrari team is telling Leclerc to retire but I don't think they realise he doesn't have a place to retire. If he goes into the pit lane at these speeds there would be a high chance of fatalities. All he can do is shift to a lower gear and let the engine breaking slow the car down. The problem is with turn 1 coming quickly Charles won't be at safe speeds to turn and will mostly likely have a crash."

The audience in the stands are screaming. The Ferrari car is reaching turn 1 with distressing speed. The host is talking his mouth off and the other drivers are asking their teams what was happening. Then everything seems to silent as Charles uses his radio.

"Theresa- Tell Tessie that-"

The car reaches the turn and Charles Leclerc tries his best to get past, but the wet road is too much for his medium tires and the car skids, reaching the gravel and rolling over before coming to a sharp impact with the wall.

"And Charles Leclerc has crashed! A mighty one at that. Look at all the debris surrounding the car. We have gotten no response from Charles that he is okay. A medical car is already on its way and the safety car has been deployed."

Everyone watches as the medics get to Charles Leclerc and have to carry him out on a stretcher. He's unconscious, and when the helmet is taken off of his head there are audible gasps from the crowd as blood is revealed trickling from a wound to his head.

"Charles Leclerc is unconscious and bleeding from his head. That is not good at all. The medics have taken him into the medic car and will be taking him to the hospital. Let's all hope that his injuries aren't as severe as they look."