talk to me once in a while, take care

talk to me once in a while, take care ~ take care

wanda maximoff

y/ns age: 15

y/n pov

i wrap my hand over my mouth trying to muffle my sobs from the stairs as my parents scream and yell at eachother downstairs. "y/n?" i hear my little siblings whisper from their bedroom. ever since my parents had the twins their fighting has become so much worse.

"go back to bed" i whispered back but they came and stood next to where i was seated.

"we cant sleep" they said in unison. god i hate it when they do that.

i stood up from my spot on the stairs avoiding the creaky floorboards since it was closer to midnight already and i dont need to give my parents another reason to yell. i lead them by their shoulders back their bedroom.

"can you tell us that one story" they requested again and i nodded pulling the blankets over them both before grabbing one of their desk chairs and sitting down.

i told the story and they fell asleep but towards a loud crash was heard downstairs. i stopped speaking standing up and closing the twins door behind me.

"OH DONT YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT-"

timeskip morning

my head bobs up and down as i fight sleep. i got the twins ready for school sending them off the bus as my parents are nowhere to be found. i grabbed my schoolbag and brushed through my hair before seeing a note on the kitchen bench.

i expect dinner to be on the table by the time i get home - dad

i chuck the note back on the table and leave the house. after a quiet bus ride to school i walk in 15 minutes late.

i had miss romanoff first up so i need to sign in. dropping my bag outside i open the door and make eye contact with miss. her eyes scan over my face quickly as she talks to the class.

"i do not except late students y/n" the russian teacher said firmly. shes a good teacher, quite understanding, not quite strict but firm.

"sorry miss romanoff" i spoke quietly walking past her desk to my seat. she doesnt speak again as the class continues their work.

"you look tired" my friend mentioned as i sat down beside her. i hummed not shocked. i drew on my book most of the lesson until the bell rung out. "angry at someone" the same friend questioned as she took note of the dark scribbles on my page.

"no" i answered simply as the bell rung. she nodded continuing to talk to me as we packed up for our next class. suddenly i got a text from my phone.

mum: your father and i would be so much happier if you kids did something around the house once and a while. we wouldnt be so stressed all the time and its time you start pulling your weight y/n. if not your father and i might get a divorce.

i said goodbye and went to the bathroom quickly. of course they always blame me, cause everything's always my fault. deep down yes i know it isnt my fault if my parents cant keep a stable marriage but i cant help but believe the words they throw at me.

7 minutes of an unexplained panic attack later i stand up from the bathroom floor i had sat down on and head to miss maximoffs class, i thought about skipping but i could never miss her class.

i avoid her gaze and walk to my assigned seat. after everyone knows what to do she comes over to talk to me. "why are you late lovely?" she questioned quietly kneeling beside my desk.

"i was in the bathroom, sorry" i said in the same hushed tone.

"okay, i believe you werent doing anything bad" she smiled softly standing up. "we're reading chapters 17-21 then writing short summaries okay?" she repeated the instructions and i nodded as she passed me the book.

i got about 2 pages in before i could barely keep my eyes open. looking around at the quiet class, i crossed my arms over the desk and put my head down.

3rd person pov

y/n was woken by a hand on her shoulder. the bell had just went and since that hadnt woken the girl miss olsen had walked over to her desk to wake her. "y/n/n come on wake up hun" she tried softly at first but the girl didnt wake.

she shook her a bit more but still nothing happened. "sweetheart, its break time" the teacher gently coaxed the girl from her sleep. she did wake up and was extremely disoriented, after being in a deep sleep its to be expected anyway. "why are you so tired?"

"i didnt sleep much last night, im okay" y/n smiled and got up but miss maximoff stepped in her way non threatiningly. (it is a word now) y/n tilted her head confused.

"is everything alright at home?" she asked sympathetically. "i see you y/n, your quiet, spooked easily and you hate shouting or loud noises. is this why you dont get much sleep at night?"

"i have two 6 year old siblings to look after so theres not much sleep to be getting anyway" she smiled sadly fixing her bag strap.

"your parents don't take care of them?" she questioned and y/n knew if she said to much miss maximoff legally had to report it. 

"i wouldn't say they don't, but like i'm their big sister i guess" despite the times the twins accidentally called her 'mum' on more than one occasion. she yawned and leant against the desk.

"okay well if you ever need anything, or just need to take a nap the couch i'm here for you, alright?" y/n nodded and smiled at her teacher once again.

why couldn't she just be her mother.

-----------------------------------------------------------

for the next couple of weeks atleast once every week y/n would come in and take a break from the rest of the school to took a nap in miss maximoffs classroom. the teacher welcomed her in happily each time. 

but this week y/n hadn't shown up to school for a few days and all the absences were unexplained so this worried miss maximoff. it was third session on a thursday which means this is the last time y/n would be in her class till next week. 

surprisingly however y/n came to school. she walked in at break but stopped in the door frame once she spotted miss romanoff sitting in there aswell. "sorry" she stuttered putting her headphones back on and going to walk back into the busy hallway. 

"no y/n its okay" wanda said (miss maximoff is too long) waving her back into the room. "why havent you been in school" y/ns eyes shot between ms romanoff and wanda nervously. 

"i was really sick, thats all" she said shifting her weight to either foot. ms romanoff stood up whispered something to wanda and sent y/n a reassuring smile as she left. wanda then invited the teen to sit beside her on the couch. 

"are you feeling better then?" she asked softly. y/n nodded and brought her bag around to sit on her lap. this caused her jacket to move and her sleeve fall down. a purple and green bruise was revealed on her wrist which she quickly covered but wanda had already seen it. 

"how much have i missed?" the girl questioned horsely. 

"nothing important really" wanda said soothingly as the teen relaxed more into the couch. she was exausted. it had been a long week. "why dont you take a nap, ill be at my desk if you need anthing" the teacher advised seeing the girls tired state.

y/n obliged laying down once wanda had stood up. atleast she could get comfort somewhere. 

a/n

words were not wording for this chapter