sometimes (backwood)

sometimes (back wood) ~ Gigi perez
elizabeth olsen and scarlett johansson
y/ns age 16

y/n pov
i blew air from my lips exhaling before breathing in. trying to calm down from the crying i had just been doing.

"oh look at you go with the waterworks" my mother said from the kitchen as i went to leave the for work.

i walked straight past her walking to my bus stop. my face was drying from the wet tears. i almost missed my stop by being distracted but luckily someone else was getting off.

i walked the 100 metres to my work. it was this small eatery place there was 2 cooks, a barista, and a server and a waiter.

i only worked on the till but i knew how to make some drinks.
somehow i was also thé youngest working. my other coworker closest in age being 26.

i walked into work ready to be abused by customers. and was greeted by tom who had just handed out someone's food.

walking out back i greeted chris and elizabeth who smiled whilst cooking. after clocking on i found scarlett making some lady's coffee and chatting away.

"here you go flo, have a great day" she waved and smiled when she turned to me.

i quickly got behind the till. signing on and smiling at the next customer.

"so how was school yesterday" scarlett asked me once the brunch rush quietened down.

"long, boring, useless"
"it's not useless y/n it helps you later in life with jobs"

"your saying i can't work here for the rest of my life" i asked with a smile.

"your welcome to work here till your 100" she rolled her eyes in amusement.

"hi what can i get for you" i greeted this woman wearing a business pantsuit.

"can i get eggs and avo on toast, with a fruit smoothie"

"i'm so sorry, the breakfast menu ended half an hour ago, your welcome to pick anything from the lunch menu" i told the lady since it was 11 am.

"it's not that hard to wip up i'm sure you guys can do it" she insisted. and yes i know it only takes a couple minutes but i'm not sure we were allowed too.

i looked to scarlett for help like i do with any difficult customer and she walks over from her station. 

"what's the issue" she asks me.
"this kid won't give me my order" the lady said but scarlett cut her off.

"i asked her not you"
i looked back and forth between the two before speaking to scarlett.

"she wants the eggs and avo on toast but it's 11am. breakfast is done"

"yeah your right honey" she assured me. "is that not straight forward? you can pick something else or go make it at home"

"i am disgusted by the way your talking to me, get your manager, i'd like to talk to a mature adult"

scarlett took a step away before spinning back around. "hi i'm the co-owner and manager how can i help" she gave her a false smile causing the woman to scoul.

"well then let me speak to your cook, i'll personally ask him to cook it" she said and scarlett tilted her head signalling for me to go get her.

i went to the back sending them a small smile. "hey elizabeth, a customer wants to talk to you"

"oh please don't be a complaint" she said leading me back out to the front with a hand on my back.

"you want to speak to me?" she said upon joining our group. scarlett and elizabeth stood to my sides as i awkwardly stood in the middle behind the till. luckily no one else was wanting anything right now.

"yes, please explain to these idiots it's not that hard to make egg and avocado toast" she said pointing her whole hand at us.

"ma'am it is after 11am breakfast is finished cleaned and packed up. please order something from the lunch menu or leave" lizzie repeated the exact same thing.

she finally got the hint and left slamming the door. "i'm so sorry" i started but they gave me a look.

"you have nothing to be sorry for" they said in unison.
"you did and said the right thing, that was just a dumb customer" lizzie continued rubbing my arm.

i smiled at them both and the hall went back to their jobs. the guilt from the situation dissipated and i went back to serving.

a/n
i've come to realise i'm really bad at coming up with and writing oneshots

also when i finish teen on set i might put little what ifs or epilogues in here.