three | a tense beginning

Walking through Stephanos garden, Jasper saw nothing but absolute beauty in the nature surrounding him.

Everything seemed to be perfectly planted and mapped to perfection. There were a variety of plants scattered around the garden. Sculptures of people or animals could be found in corners, catching your eye immediately from size and beauty. Multiple fountains were in the middle of patches of land, each its own work of art.

This could be said for the entire garden. Whoever created it had obviously planned out each and every piece. Skillfully decorating the gorgeous land, giving Jasper a sense of comfort and peace. He felt almost completely relaxed as he walked through, enjoying the warm breeze and sounds of birds chirping.

He froze once he came across Stephanos who sat on the grass criss cross, eyes closed looking incredibly peaceful. The prince seemed to be even more charming than he initially thought in the throne room.

His thoughts were cut off as a voice filled the air

“What are you doing here?” Stephanos questioned, his voice calm soothing Jasper’s fear

“Your father told me of the garden,” Jasper replied honestly, staying in his place as he didn’t know if he was welcomed, and only then did Stephanos hear his thick southern accent. It took a lot of strength not to swoon over the Texan vampire's voice.

“Naturally,” Stephanos muttered, sighing in annoyance and opening his eyes to stare at Jasper,”You should go back home,” he told him, disregarding the way his heart clenched as if being squeezed of all life,”I don’t want you here,”

“I don’t think even you believe that,” Jasper mumbled, feeling as though a knife pierced his heart and looked down with a distressed sigh but also the reluctance the prince felt

“You don’t know me,” Stephanos snapped calmly, intently staring at Jasper in fury and standing,”Nor my beliefs, do not suggest otherwise,” he raised his voice slightly but never yelled, keeping his composure and distance from the other male

“I could get to know you,” Jasper spoke desperately, wanting nothing more than to gain a relationship with his mate,”If you would give this a chance-” he began to plead

“Add it to the long list of things I will never be able to provide,” Stephanos said harshly, and gave him a daring look,”Go back home and leave me be. I do not desire to build a connection with you, let alone spend the rest of eternity with you,” he spoke strongly though his voice wavering slightly at the end, something Jasper caught on too causing the rejection to not hit as hard as it should. Not only that but Jasper could feel his emotions which were all telling him that he was fearful and hesitant, of what he wasn't sure.

Stephanos felt a terrible pain begin to consume him as he started to walk away, and for some reason his head turned.

His eyes met Jaspers and he could tell that he was also feeling this dreadful pain coursing through his body.

Even without touch he was causing his mate pain.

There was no way around it, he supposed . . . it was his curse

“Please know that I don’t loathe you,” Stephanos whispered, though he knew with his vampiric senses Jasper could hear him,”But I could never satisfy your needs,” he whispered in an even softer voice, offering the cullen boy a strained smile and walking away

Jasper stood there for a while, letting the prince’s words flow through his head on replay. The vegetarian vampire could feel the guilt and sadness that his mate held, telling him that maybe Stephanos didn't necessarily want to reject him.