Chapter 23: Family Feud

By the time team ORCA made it back to Beacon after their match ended, the sun had already started to set. Rhinox and Optimus went ahead back to their dorm to hide the Transwarp Key while Airazor and Cheetor decided to just walk around and look for their friends so they could celebrate.

As they walked, the two Maximals went over the little incident that Cheetor had with his holoform during their match.

"So . . . it glitched?" Airazor asked, hoping to get some clarity on what exactly happened, watching as Cheetor looked down at and flexed his holoform's left hand.

"Glove and all," Cheetor replied before lowering his hand. "It stopped after a minute, so I guess it wasn't too bad."

"'Too bad'? Cheetor, you were almost exposed!" Airazor exclaimed, a little confused as to how Cheetor was so calm about this.

"Key word: almost," Cheetor pointed out as he and Airazor continued to walk around the courtyard. "Besides, it's all over now. So what's the big deal?"

"The 'big deal' is that you're being reckless," Airazor stated, stopping to cross her arms while glaring at Cheetor. "Today, it was just your hand and only for about a minute. But what about tomorrow? If your holoform takes too much damage, it will fail and it's game over for us."

"Alright, I get it, I'll be more careful," Cheetor replied, rolling his eyes with an annoyed sigh. Suddenly, Weiss bumped into Cheetor as she ran past him, causing him to lose his balance and fall over.

"You were saying?" Airazor asked, the corners of her lips curving up slightly in amusement.

"That was her fault, not mine!" Cheetor said, rubbing his sore behind.

Ruby, who seemed to be somewhat confused and concerned, quickly ran past them and said, "I'm sorry!" With that said, Ruby quickly ran after Weiss, who seemed to not have noticed she bumped into someone as she kept running towards the landing pad. "Weiss! Wait up!"

"What's with those two?" Airazor asked, watching as the red and white duo ran away.

Cheetor just shrugged. "We've got nothing better to do. Let's find out," he said before hopping back to his feet and running after the duo, easily able to catch up to them thanks to his speed. Airazor rolled her eyes before following after them.

Meanwhile, Weiss, who had a bright smile on her face, kept running towards the landing pad as she watched a certain airship descend onto one of the landing platforms. Behind her, Ruby was actually having a hard time keeping up with her partner.

"Weiss! What is the big deal!?" Ruby asked, to which Weiss didn't respond, just like she hadn't been during the entire journey from Amity Colosseum. "Who is it? Who is she?!"

It was then that Weiss finally stopped running, watching as the airship's boarding ramp lowered while Ruby, Cheetor, and Airazor finally caught up to the heiress, who seemed to be in one of the best moods they had ever seen her in. Weiss smiled when she saw a specific someone walking off of the airship.

"Winter."

The others followed Weiss' line of sight and saw a tall woman who actually looked a lot like Weiss, having the same pale complexion, white hair that was tied up in a bun on her left side while bangs hung from her right, and a pair of light blue eyes. She wore a white long-sleeved coat that was split from the shoulders to her elbows along with a white blouse and a dark blue waistcoat. She also wore white trousers, a pair of grey thigh boots, and a pair of black gloves that were almost the length of her forearms. Finally, resting on her hip was a thin silver sword. And considering that she was being escorted by Atlesian Knights and soldiers, the Maximals and Ruby couldn't help but assume that she was someone important.