Chapter 3 - The Fearful Night, Part 2

...When suddenly,  the started moving. He... he woke up. An expression of relief took over my face that atleast this monster let my husband live.

Just then I heard a voice behind me... It was Abhay the Monster. 

"Kaha na princess, maara nahi hai, zinda chhod diya hai, taaki wo tumhe marta dekhle" 

(I told you princess, I haven't killed him, just left him alive, all so he could see you die.)

The small smile I had on my face disappeared with the comment this monster just made. I chose to say nothing and simply ignore him as I went back to waking Yuhaan Ji up. With a little effort, he finally came back to consciousness. 

As soon as he came back to consciousness, he started struggling to get up; he looked so angry and mad. I looked up to his eyes to see them blood-shot red, and his-his eyes looked so dark, like if he were released right now, he would kill anyone in his view. He started moving here and grunting angrily while he desperately wanted to get out.

I came back to my senses when I realised the smile was wiped off my faced as it was replaced by a scared look. I had seen him mad before, but this time it was different. He always took precautions to make sure I wasn't physically hurt. So I did the first thing that came into my mind I half knelt on the ground and directed my hands towards his face and I bent forward to cup his face. 

A gasp left my mouth as soon as my hands touched his face. His sharp features perfectly aligned with my palms. His hair, nose, mouth—everything suited him. I felt myself drown in those deep ocean blue eyes that perfectly complimented his face. I noticed his darkened eyes had softened when he looked at me, he stopped struggling to get out too. 

"Kritika open me up instead of staring at me" He said with a closed mouth. His anger was back as soon as he realised where he was. I came out of the trance because of his harsh words when I realised what to do. Just as I moved my hands towards his hands, I felt a cold metal against my head, i-i-it was a g-g-gun. 

I slowly turned my head towards the gun and saw a gun pointed right at my head. I looked up when I heard Abhay speak. 

"Kya princess, Itna bewakoof thodi hoon main! Agar us raasi ko haath lagane ki socchi bhi to teri halat tere Yuhaan Ji se bhi kharaab bana dunga. Lekin trust me, I won't hit you, if you listen to what I say, comply with me, kyunki kya hai na... Tumhe marne main, mujhe khud ko bhi bohot hurt hota hai. Ya? So comply with my wishes, and I'll give you longer to live."

(What princess, I'm not that stupid! Even if you think about touching that rope, I will make you health worse than your Yuhaan Ji, but trust me, I won't hit you if you listen to what I say and comply with me. Because, you know, hitting you causes me more pain. Ya? So comply with my wishes and i'll give you longer to live.) 

By now I was trembling with fear as I heard Yuhaan Ji growl. He was really mad. 

"Aur tu, Yuhaan..ab tu sirf wohi karega jo main bolunga hm? Dekh pehla task bohot simple hai, bas nazar apni biwi pe rakhni hai, pura time. Done? Chalo lets begin"

(And you, Yuhaan... now you will only do what I will tell you too hm? See, the first task is very simple, just keep looking at your wife all the time. Done? Okay lets begin.)

I looked up to see Yuhaan back with his angry, blood-red eyes. He really did look dangerous. Worse than Abhay. I looked back at Abhay, who was clicking his fingers. Just then, he looked at me, grabbed me by my arm, shoved me towards a broken wood pole and tightly tied me by a rope from the elbow. 

He then took out a small pocket knife. He lit up his cigarette and walked towards me, playing with his knife. "Kya hai na, I don't like to wait.  Isliye torture abhi se suru kar lete hai" He took the knife and pointed it at my neck. Pressing on it against my neck. He slowly started sliding it down my neck. I could feel the blood oozing out of my neck and dripping down my body. He then took the knife and stabbed in my palms.

(Here's the thing: I don't like to wait. Hence, let's start the torture now)

In no time, there was tons of blood around me, and my whole body was covered in blood. My eyes were blood shot red and filled with tears. This was too much for me. I couldn't even face Yuhaan Ji as I heard Abhay's evil laugh.

"Look at yourself, Kritika; you look great like this. I wonder why I didn't do this earlier." He said followed by his evil laugh. He opened my arms, and I fell to the floor. I didn't have any strength at all. This was it. My end. I looked up to see Yuhaan Ji for the last time before my end. That gorgeous face, sharp features, deep blue eyes. Connected with his face a gun.

Abhay's Gun. It was pointed straight at his poem. Abhay slowly walked away from Yuhaan Ji while still pointing the gun towards him. By now I was loudly sobbing  "3...2...1" A heard a gun shot. I screamed as loud I could "AAAAHHHHH". 

Present time 

I woke up with a jerk, my head was throbbing with pain. Wait, am I alive? I hurriedly looked around the room and found myself in a big puddle of sweat with... no wounds. My eyes landed on Yuhaan Ji, who was sitting on the couch in our room, working on his laptop. As soon as I screamed, I could see Yuhaan Ji's annoyed face. But who cares? He is ALIVE.

Without a thought, I ran towards him and jumped on him, hugging him as tightly as I could. I felt his body get stiff, and for a moment, he was about to hug me back. I was waiting for a response, but instead he just pulled me away. The soft expression came back on his face which was quickly replaced by an annoyed and bored one. 

"Kya hai Kritika, itni zor se kyun chilla rahi ho itni raat ko? Aur tum ye gale kabse lagne lag gayi? Im warning you, wapas mat karna."

"Arey aap wo sab chodiye..aap thik to hai na?"

"Kritika Kya hoga mujhe?"

"Wo - wo - r-raat ko h-hum us haveli main the na? Abhay ke saath" I could see his jaw clench at the name of Abhay.

"Kya bolrahi ho tum Kritika? Hum puri raat se yaahin se. Tumhara koi bura sapna hoga zaroor. Aur main phirse bolta hoon, Don't hug me again."

(What is it Kritika? Why are you screaming so loud at the middle of the night? Since when did you start hugging me. I am warning you, don't do it again.)

(God, leave all of that... you are okay right?)

(Kritika what can happen to me?)

(That - that - at n-night we were in that mansion right? With Abhay)

(What are you saying Kritika? We have been here the whole night. I am sure it was a bad dream. And i'll say it again Don't hug me again.

I don't know what happened to me but I said okay with a huge smile and gave him a tight hug while whispering "Yeh pakka last hai". 

(This was the last one I promise)

"Okay, okay go sleep now."

"Mhm, you too."

With that I happily went to the bed and slept peacefully. 

The next morning 

Dhwani's Perspective 

I woke up to find myself hugging him. Dhwani Randhawa was hugging the  Shikhar Singh Randhawa. But to be honest, most of my mornings we like this. I gently escaped from his arms and went to the bathroom to freshen up for the day. I woke up Shikhar Ji and made my way outside the room. 

I walked down the stairs to ...

-- ♡ --

Helloooo, I am back. I was honestly so stuck while writing this chapter but I really hope it turned out good. Please vote for the story and comment something on it.. I think I did pretty good job on it but I would love everyone's opinions. 

What happened to Kritika? Was it all the dream or did everything really happen? But what about the wounds but then there is also the t-shirt? What is going on?

What is happening with Dhwani? What happened down stairs? 

What is the new drama in the Randhawa empire? 

Read ahead to find out ---

Love, 

Aarvi