Chapter 6 - I'm sorry Kritika

Author's POV

"Aapko kuch chahiye to bata dijiye ga" With that Kritika started to walk back in, with all sorts of thoughts running in her mind. She stopped short in her tracks when she heard a hurtful voice, it was almost.. cracking? It was Yuhaan. Yuhaan Singhania's voice was cracking, in pain. 
(If you want something let me know)

"Kritika"  

"Hm?" She asked confused. Unless it was because he needed something, he had never called her before, especially in moments like these. Although he never had felt something like this in front of her. He never called anyone, in the small moments when he was like this. It hurt Kritika just hearing him like this. Yuhaan had never cared about her, never needed her and most importantly never treated her like his own loving wife. He had never gone to her when he needed support or help, He had just never bothered to. Yuhaan always felt he didn't need anyone after his past so, he simply ignored Kritika or yelled at her. 

Kritika looked back and saw him just like he was before, with his back towards her. His head was still slightly tilted towards her, only to give him a small look of her. 

"Rehne do, Kuch Nahi" Yuhaan first thought he could've used some help for the first time but again his ego entered the way and he refused to use any help. Regarding what? Age age dekho hota hai kya. (Just wait and watch). Kritika lowered her head and sadness flickered in her eyes. She thought for once Yuhaan Approached her when he needed her, but then again nothing. She did a small nod and stared to walk back in but was stopped before she could take a step. 
(Leave it, it's nothing.)

Yuhaan again. "Actually, ruko yahin raho.. Nahi Chali jao.. Nahi nahi Yahi raho...Actually chali jao." Yuhaan kept speaking but stopped in frustration. Kritika looked up to his face to see it faced towards her. His eyes tightly shut in frustration with his face scrunched up. He stopped speaking and didn't utter a word. It was clear for Kritika that her husband was in a dilemma. 

Another voice was heard, Kritika. It was soft and sweet unlike Yuhaan's cold harsh voice. "Agar aap kabhi confuse ho rahe ho na? to dil pe haath rakhna aur bas apni dil ki suna, sab saaf ho jayega aur sab thik ho jayega. Main bhi yahin karti hoon." Yuhaan just stared at her words, the sweetness, it was amazing. With a small smile on Kritika's face she started walking back in and Yuhaan just stared at her disappearing figure. He kept on staring and staring but soon broke his trance when he realised he was ogling his wife. 

After a while, he walked into his room. He listened to his heart. His mind kept saying that he really hated doing this, but deep down in his heart, Yuhaan knew he wanted this, he needed this. He walked in to see Kritika siting on her side of bed with half her body covered in their blanket. She had a book in her hands and Yuhaan could see her eyes move around the page. All he really wanted to do was just go the Kritika and tightly hug her but his ego got in the way. He just went to their changing room and changed his clothes. 

It took him a while to come out and Kritika noticed it. In fact, she had noticed all of Yuhaan's movements and she happy to know that she could atleast talk to Yuhaan without her heart sinking. Kritika noticed how long it was taking him but she still decided to keep quiet and let Yuhaan do Yuhaan. 

Yuhaan soon came out looking hot as usual and his directly went to Kritika. He again felt like tightly hugging her and never letting her go but then again, his ego existed. Yes, Kritika noticed it and spoke up breaking their silence. "Apne man ki suni ya phir apni dil ki?" Kritika was surprised she spoke without stuttering for once and this left Yuhaan shocked. Not the fact she didn't stutter but the fact that she spoke up first. 
(Did you listen to your mind or your heart?)

"Hm?" 

"Did you listen to your mind or your heart? What are you going to do?" Yuhaan just stared at her. He himself didn't know what he listened to. Kritika spoke again "Maine kaha na, ek baar apni dil ki sunke dekhiye sab theek ho jaayega." (Where is she getting all this confidence from 😭)
(I told you right, For once just listen to your heart, everything will be alright.)