#53 Homura Mitokado

Entering the Hokage's office, Naruto couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy. They were surrounded by seven of the strongest shinobi alive and had no plan of escape should things go south. He caught Fuu glancing at the windows and the door, knowing that she had the same thoughts running through her head.

"Explain." Hiruzen demanded as he sat down in his chair. There was a bit of a pause before Jirayia began to speak.

"A few months ago a new contract appeared on a few of the blackboards in the villages. It was looking for Naruto and Fuu although there was no mention of the Kyuubi. Because of that I thought it was from another village, maybe Iwa but I found out that the contact was posted in Yugakure. I got a look at him and instantly recognized him as one of our shinobi. So I figured that the contract came from you. That's all I know." The white haired man described.

"Yeah, we found one of those contracts ourselves. Shortly after that we were attacked by an Anbu squad and a normal squad that was trying to kill us. Since then we were lucky to only run into one other squad that wanted to fulfill this assignment." Naruto continued.

"There hasn't been an Anbu kill mission for months." The Hokage murmured thoughtfully.

"I can only tell you what we saw. A squad of chunin and one jonin along with a full squad of plain masked Anbu." This caught Jirayia's attention. The sage narrowed his eyes as Sarutobi continued with his question, not reacting in the slightest.

"Alright, you said something about Homura being involved?" Naruto nodded, earning a wave of the hand from the Hokage. Two of the Anbu in the room disappeared without a word.

"How do you know that?" Tsunade asked.

"We caught the contact in Yugakure and got the answers from him." Fuu replied, right before the two Anbu reappeared Homura Mitokado in their arms.

"What can I do Hiruzen?" The old man asked before looking around the room. When his eyes landed on Naruto and Fuu he took a few steps back.

"Care to explain why you felt the need to order one of my shinobi to act as contact for a contract I didn't approve of?" Sarutobi asked, the subtle action from his advisor reassuring him that Naruto and Fuu were telling the truth.

"I don't know what you are talking about." The man replied, his voice almost cracking.

"Well I have information that there is a contract out on these two and that it apparently comes from this village, which is curious since I don't have any recollection of approving of such a contract. And these two tell me that you were the one that handed out the mission to act as contact." The Hokage continued, while the advisor visibly shrunk a bit.

"Lies." Was the only thing he managed to say in his defense.

"Do you have any proof of your allegations?" Jirayia asked, looking at Naruto and Fuu. Of course there was no way that the Hokage would punish one of his advisors simply on the word of two rogues, it would tarnish his image in the village forever. Luckily Naruto and Fuu had thought ahead and had put the contact in a stasis scroll.

"You can ask the contact yourself." Fuu smiled at the shocked look on Homura's face as she took the stasis scroll out and threw it to the Hokage.

There was a noticeable increase in tension in the room while the Hokage opened the scroll and unsealed the man inside. Once the smoke had cleared and revealed the contact the tension dropped a bit, although the Anbu in the corners were still tense.

"Get me a Yamanaka." The Hokage ordered as the chunin slowly realized where he was.

"Hokage-sama." He whispered, then his eyes widened as his memory returned to him.