Ch. 2 ✨Dreams✨

*Y/N's POV*

Darkness. That's how it always begins.

I stand in a forest surrounding by darkness, wearing only my white and blue PJs as I walk my way towards the clearing.

And there he stands. His back to me, singing under his breath.
I feel like that little six year old again whenever I see him, because it always starts the same...

Its a little creepy, this thing...he's watched me grow, reach teen years, and enter adult years.
He's even heard some of my embarrassing stories, or my vents when I've had bad days.

Like a friend.
Though he is the furthest thing from a friend.
He's just my imagination. A weird, kind of twisted, creation my mind made.

I approach him. "Hello, Alastor," I mumble not too eager, "how ya doing?"
He stops singing, and looks over his shoulder at me, smiling from ear to ear.

I cringe a little. He always has that creepy damn smile on his face...it's almost sinister looking.

"Y/N my dear!" he fully turns to face me, arms thrown out. "It's been so long! How many days...three?"

"Four..." I reply, sighing before I sit on the little rock that's off to the right. "Anything new with you?"
I don't know WHY I even ask, because he doesn't tell me jack shit about himself.

Only his name...Alastor.
That's all I know.
I don't know if he's real or fake, good or bad, or WHY he's always in my head.

Every time I try to ask, he only plays dumb.
So in the end, he tells me nothing about himself, and yet I tell him all about me.

Sick.

He brings a clawed finger to his chin, making a 'Hmm' sound.
"Not off the top of my head!" he laughs. "But might I ask how are you?"

"The same as always," I murmur, "just went to work, blah blah blah. Came home, ate some dinner, and here I am." I look up at him. "Its really starting to piss me off."

"Oh?" he says, sounding a little pleased, "why is that?"
"Because I don't understand this," I stand up, "I don't know why you always come to my dreams, or how you can remember everything about anything. I don't even know WHAT you are!"

I have to look up at him because he's taller then I, but I don't dare stand to close to him.
He frightens me...

He doesn't say anything, not at first, before his smile falls, and rises again in a spilt second.

"I am merely a dream," he responds, his same response like he always does whenever I try to ask.
I sigh, turning away. "Yeah, a dream," I mumble, "guess I'm pretty fucked in the head to keep constantly dreaming about you."

"I do beg your pardon?! What are you inclining?!" he says, a little shocked and perplexed written in his tone and face.

I chuckle softly, wrapping my arms around myself. "I'm only kidding," I mumble, "I mean...yes and no."

I sigh, head lowering as I turn away. "I just wish I was...normal. I wish I had normal dreams that I can understand," I look over my shoulder at him. "I've been seeing you in my dreams for twenty years. Will I continue to see you for another twenty years?"

I meant to say it as a joke, but the look on his face is anything but humorous.
Fear floods my chest. "I-I'm sorry," I say, looking everywhere but at him, "I've just been dealing with some stuff lately is all."

He doesn't say anything.

I try to smile. "But, hey," I laugh awkwardly, shrugging, "at least you're not to bad to be around."
Still, no response.

Shit I messed up didn't I? Maybe I should pinch myself and-

"Shall we start from the beginning?" he asks, his voice static like the radio, as always. "You know, like we always do?"

I look at him.
In a couple of hours, or even minutes, I'll wake up and he'll be gone. And even though I find this mostly awkward and confusion, at least I have someone to talk to. For free.

Like an imaginary friend that's all to myself, that no one will ever know about.

I smile a little and nod. "Okay, we can do that," I reply before we both take a sit and begin to talk about anything and everything.

He knows literally nothing about modern age times, and I guess since he's only a piece of my imagination, it makes sense.
Still, its kind of fun to talk.

Sometimes I feel like he's the only one who actually listens to me.

But it all vanishes away when my eyes open and I see I'm in my bed, the alarm clock going off to remind me to get ready for another day.

I exhale a breath, slip myself out of bed and get ready.
Along the way, I pick up my pill bottle and prescription.

I need to make a stop to the pharmacy today...