Ch. 18 ✨The Truth✨

*Y/N's POV*

Thankfully, when I fell back asleep I didn't experience that dream again, but instead, I went back to my usual state of dreams, and see Alastor ahead of me, humming under his breath.

I run to him. "Alastor!"

He turns, surprised at first, before his smile hides his shock away, replacing it with a pleased look.
"Y/N! I'm so pleased to see-OOF!"

I collide into him, throwing my arms around him, squeezing his slender waist as tight as I can, afraid to let him go.
The sudden touch makes him tense under me, and almost push me off, but when he realizes that it's me, and that's something's wrong with me, he awkwardly pats my back.

"Y/N darling, is something the matter?"

"Oh Alastor," I say, refusing to let him go. "I had a horrible nightmare."

His eyes widen. "O-oh...I see, well then," he pats my back a little too rough, "you're safe now."
"No," I finally pull away, letting him go and taking a step back.

He stares at me, confusion written in his face.
I inhale a quick breath. "I had a dream that I was someone else..." I say.

His brow furrows. "Someone else? May you be a little more specific?"

I twist a strand of my hair, getting the shivers as I tell the story of this...dream, this nightmare I had.

"I saw you," I begin to say, "but you were a man. A human, I mean to say. And I wasn't ME, I was another girl. And..." I trail off, swallowing the lump in my throat before I continue.

"You kept calling me...Elizabeth."

In a spilt second, Alastor rushes to me, grabbing me by my shoulders, squeezing me a little too tight that I feel his nails dig in my skin.

"What are you doing?! Th-that hurts!"

"Tell me every detail of this dream. RIGHT. NOW." He shakes me. "What happened? Who else was there? WHAT DID YOU SEE?!"

I try to get him to let go, but his grip is too tight, and it's only getting tighter.
"Stop!" I shout, "Y-you're scaring me!"

His expression changes in an instance, as if those words were the magic words.
He let's me go, taking a step back.

"I'm sorry," he says, "I just..." he trails off, unable to finish his sentence. He only lowers his head to the ground, one hand raised to the back of his neck, and for the first time ever, I hear him swear.

"Son of a bitch," he says under his breath.

I approach him. "What is it?" I ask, feeling my breath being shortened from fear.
He looks at me, opening his mouth to speak, before closing it again and turning away.

"I never wanted you to know..."

"Know what?"

"Oh Y/N...it could have been so different if we had never known."

"Known what?!" I shout, stepping closer to him, "Alastor what is going on?! Why did I dream that I was someone named Elizabeth?! Who even IS Elizabeth?!"