Road Trip with a Psycho (Annabelle)

"I spy with my little eye something that is....... Green," I ignore him. Shadow had been at his antics for hours. Ever since it became my turn to drive he had become an obnoxious child. Guess he didn't do well with sitting still. He wasn't the only one but you didn't see me throwing a fit about it. Thankfully he had slept for a couple hours. After his quick power nap he woke full of renewed energy. Lucky me.

"Oh come on Annabelle, I spy with my little eye something th-urghhgof" I silenced him by shoving my bag in his face. That of course just amused him. That smile was a weapon. That dimple, the crazy lopsided tilt... I shake away the thought. No time to be getting googly eyed. He is not attractive, he is a crazy psycho who would wear your skin. There. That should hold the thoughts at bay.

It seemed like everything I did was just so interesting to him. I didn't get it, how could my repeated rejection to play I spy make him so happy? I wish I could bottle some of that joy. You could make a fortune.

Shadows sudden silence had me sneaking a glance to the passenger seat. He had stopped asking me to guess, which was nice. He had found something more interesting. Which was bad. He started to look through the contents of my bag. I sighed, whatever it's not like there is anything worth anything in there. Just the normal supplies one needs in the apocalypse. That and my notebook. Shadow had his own supplies and my notebook was just drawings so he could look all he liked. As long as he puts everything back I don't really care. Maybe it would keep him quiet for a little while and give me a little peace.

I should have known better.

"Oooooooh look, Annabelle's delicates!" He pulls out my one spare bra and holds it aloft like it was some kind of trophy. My eyes widen in shock and I lunge for it. That dirty psycho pervert! He starts laughing hysterically and keeps moving it out of my reach.

"I'll give it back to you only if you say please," I gritted my teeth. 'Please' I sign. He smiles and cups a hand around his ear,

"Huh? What? Sorry I can't hear you." He put emphasis on the word hear and laughs at his own joke. I want to growl in frustration.

"Please" My voice is surprisingly coherent. Still as soft as a whisper and rough as rock but I couldn't have everything. Shadow freezes in shock. He drops the bra into my bag.

"So you can speak," His words were calm, sincere. It throws me off balance. Guess even a psycho can be surprised.

'A little and it always hurts' I sign back. His blue eyes are on me, I want to squirm under there scrutiny. I give up on trying to decipher the look in them.

"It's beautiful." His words had been like mine, a whisper. But I feel them down to my core. My breath comes out a little faster. My eyes stay fixed on the road, avoiding his gaze. What would those blue eyes tell me right now? I was afraid to look.

Long moments of silence pass before I hear the rustling of paper from the seat next to me. I spare him a glance out of my peripherals. He has my notebook open on his knees. He study's each page slowly. I turn my attention back on the road as the soft crinkling of paper soothes the silence.

"Did you draw these?" He asks, his voice is still that soft calming tone. I smile before signing, 'no Hannibal did. He is quite the artist.' This makes him laugh, low and husky. It is a small sound, not his usual crazy peels of laughter. I get the impression that this one is his laugh from before. Before the world went to hell. I like it.

'Can I ask you something? You can tell me to mind my own buisness' I knew he had caught my motion. He always seemed to.

'How do you know ASL?'