CHAPTER 9

THE TRUE BEGINNING - PART 2

You stepped towards the man you figured was Gojo Satoru, wanting to question what the hell was going on but Akari was quick to grasp your hand.

"Let me go with you."

With a mix of apprehension and determination, you and Akari weaved through the crowd until you were within speaking distance of Gojo. His tilted his head down to acknowledge you as soon as you summoned the courage to address him.

"Excuse me," you started, the words wavering slightly with a mix of confusion and urgency.

"What's happening? Why are we trapped?"

"I believe you should focus on finding a safe area to hide." His response was cryptic, and before you could press further, he turned his attention to you with keen interest.

"What's your name?"

You shared your name, and a flicker of recognition passed through Gojo's eyes at the mention of your family name. It was a momentary recognition, a detail he decided to file away without further elaboration.

"All I can tell you is, you're trapped in a viel and the only way to break it is either by brute force or by taking down the person who cast it."

Before you could fully grasp the gravity of his words, your surroundings shifted momentarily, and Gojo disappeared from your sight, leaving you and Akari momentarily stunned.

Realizing the urgency of the situation, you clasped Akari's hand tightly, the urgency of Gojo's words propelling you into action.

"We need to go somewhere else."

Together, you navigated the crowded streets of Shibuya, scanning for a place of safety and seeking refuge from the unseen dangers lurking in the night. It became your singular focus, spurred on by the unsettling knowledge that something beyond your comprehension threatened to engulf the lively Halloween night in darkness and danger.

---------------------------------------------------

TIME - 11:03PM

Two hours had gone by with you and Akari finding yourselves within the eerie confines of an abandoned company building. You secured a vantage point on one of the higher floors, peering out through windows into the night-shrouded streets of Shibuya.

"Are we going to be stuck here forever?" Akari was at her breaking point, tears pooling in her eyes and all you could do was comfort her with soothing words.

"We're getting out of here. I promise." You told, rubbing her back.

You held back the urge to let out a sigh of frustration since the situation you were in was one you had never experienced before.

You couldn't even do anything to help and it angered you that you had no choice but to rely on whoever was trying to break the viel.

"What's that?" Akari pointed at something behind you and you gazed back.

Movement catches your attention, drawing your gaze to a figure who seemingly was floating in the air.

A boy with striking pink hair stood in the midst of an otherworldly battle, facing something unseen to you both, a conflict shrouded in an invisibility.

"What's happening over there?" Akari whispered, her voice tinged with concern as she leaned in closer to the window.

You squinted your eyes, trying to discern the nature of the confrontation. The boy with pink hair moved with grace and agility, dodging and weaving as though engaged in an intense fight against an invisible adversary.