Chapter 3

“Did you do a background check on me?”

McLion, who was staring strangely at her bizarre laugh, suddenly raised his voice.

It was very suspicious that Sellonia knew of Grace whom he had never spoken of out of his mouth.

“No way. Did you forget that I just woke up?”

“Ah, yes… I-Is your body okay?”

When Sellonia, who had already stopped laughing, said the right words, McLion scratched the back of his head and asked bluntly.

He seemed to be sorry for scolding someone who had collapsed not so long ago.

“Thank you for your concern.”

Sellonia’s head was clearer than ever, answering his belated worries without a soul.

Is this how it feels to be cold?

As unexpected things happened all at once, her mind calmed down and her perspective on the situation broadened.

“You asked for your heart back, didn’t you?”

“Huh? U-Uh…”

Sellonia’s expression was so calm that he wondered if she was the one who laughed like a madman just now.

Rather, it was McLion who was embarrassed.

His eyes were shaking helplessly in confusion as if this wasn’t the expected scenario he had in his head.

“Ella, could you get me a black pocket from my room’s safe?”

Sellonia handed the key she had in her hands to Ella.

When Ella, who took the key, quickly left the drawing room, there were only two people in there.

“Sit down and wait.”

Sellonia invited McLion to sit across from her, and she calmly picked up the teacup in front of her.

What does she have to do when he asks for it back? She has to return it.

McLion was the last remaining dragon in this Empire.

The dragon’s heart disappears together with the dragon’s extinction.

In other words, the heart he gave as a gift was the last and only heart of a dragon that could no longer be obtained.

Since ancient times, the heart that dragons have only given to their loved one has the power to protect its owner no matter what threat it is.