1: lamenting

Two whole years I've been trapped in this miserable crystal hell hole, still caged after those damn twins received their lifer award and I was so sick of the female one parading around with her nose high in the air as she gloated about them pulling everything off without a hitch.

Her whiny grating voice burrowing under my skin, snuggling up to the hatred that lingered in my bones every time she had decided to 'bless me' with her presence.

Not even my brothers had come for me despite Velvet's attempt to lure them in with the idea of my capture. No letter, no attempt of seeing me to confirm, I was left with absolutely nothing.

Have they forgotten me? I felt water brimming my eyes as I held back a sob at the idea that I was left to rot with the green haired twins. Not even Branch reaching out however I didn't realize blame him, I basically abandoned him as a baby, so I don't hold anything against Branch for not caring about me anymore.

But the silver lining of this bullshit situation was the female twin's brother; Veneer, especially since I had a bizarre fancy for him, over the years I've spent with the two, I've definitely seen what lingers under that posh pompous masquerade he puts up in his sister's presence as a shield to protect his own mental well being.

'You're too soft' he once heard her callous whisper trying to back him into a corner, watching him lose that glittery glow in his eyes that i've come to adore about him made my stomach twist in horrific ways as he gave up.

But when he was left to his own devices without Velvet to bounce off of He was soft spoken and shy. but he was deathly quiet as well, almost acting as if he were a jack in a box.

I remember on some occasions where he slipped into Velvet's room to see me, where most of those times I don't even realize when he in the room until he's started the conversation with me. Too eager and excited about our small chats we've had together to warn me.

Once I was able to slightly reveal the crack of the walls he's built up around himself, I decided worm myself into his skin almost like a splinter and see who he really was under the faux glitz and glamour.

I've come to adore his presence as we've had a lot of conversations together,as I wanted to see the man that lingered under the surface of that pearlescent skin being revealed to me piece by piece.

He definitely seemed to be the lesser of the two evils, because despite all the good he's done and how hard he's worked at a friendship with me he still participated in my entrapment with his diabolical sister.

However, he only was participating by being Velvet's biggest enabler and supporter.

He never partook in the inhale of my essence or my torment, even going as far to openly express anger and disgust at his sister for her vile actions only for him to be snuffed out by her criticism and blackmail.

I feel sympathy twisting in my heart for him, he wasn't necessarily purely innocent but he certainly wasn't the main villain here.

However, he still followed behind being dragged by his platinum leash but Veneer still dug his heels in, having to pick between being scared of the repercussions from their crimes or his own sister. Constantly on the border of doing the right thing with his fear of his sister being the breaking point.

His anxiety of Velvet's retaliation against him for outing their dirty secret of two whole years had won the fight every time and made him complicit with what was occurring.

I've been with the twins since they turned 18 and I analyzed and observed as their dynamic was held together by old duct tape and staples as the two years passed,

Velvet becoming more egotistical and gluttonous for fame and admiration while her brother shrunk further into the shadows as to hide from her never ending starvation of praise as she wanted her vanity to be consistently validated.