19

Stepping out of Incheon airport was the most dreadful experience ever, I already heard the loud chatter, a shit ton of cars and whatever else was here.

I almost forgot that Seoul was this busy.

Seohee jumped in excitement, not even able to contain a single ounce of her joy.

"I want to go there, and there, and there!!" She pointed everywhere, to which I just gave a quiet laugh.

-

After we took a taxi to our hotel, we entered the room. It was supposed to be a big room with three beds, but you'd never even guess how many there were.

Two single beds.

As I stared at the room in bewilderment, Seohee started to unpack her stuff in a hurried pace, along with Niki, who didn't mind the situation with the two beds at all.

The hotel room had a beautiful view of the city from above, but, despite how beautiful it looked, I just couldn't help but have this stupid sickly feeling in my stomach. I hated this place, I didn't want to be here.

And all it did was give me bad memories, even this hotel room reminded me of my bland apartment, which I wanted nothing to do with now that I had been in Jeju for a bit.

"Hey Seohee, we have to send a picture to your mother, so she knows you've made it to Seoul soil." Niki chuckled, pulling his phone out and taking a picture of him and Seohee, with me stood in the back like an idiot.

I was not smiling, nor was I happy. I just stood there, simply. 

Niki gave a laugh as he looked at the photo, probably at the way I was stood, and the expression on my face.

"Can we go to a convenience store? Please please!! I've always seen them in movies and they look so cute!!!" Seohee begged, extremely happy that she's even here.

Niki looked at me, walking up to me and snapping me out of my daze.

"Convenience store trip?" He inquired, raising a brow as I gave a small groan out of displeasure.

"Fine." I muttered as his smile widened.

So, we walked towards the nearest convenience store, and I hated to say it, but I actually recognised the place we were in, I could tell you where a good cafe was, or where to go to find the train station from here.

I swallowed hard, walking into the convenience store with the two. Seohee ran through the aisles, her eyes lighting up with pure euphoria at the sight of all the snacks, noodles, drinks and whatever else she could find. 

We followed behind as she just placed everything she wanted into the basket Niki was holding. Oh to be a child as happy as her.

I gave a light smile, just at the sight of her having so much fun by doing something so simplistic. Maybe I should enjoy my time in Seoul whilst I'm at it. It could be much worse, I could be here alone.

She grabbed a few pots of noodles, and as we paid, she took one and head to the seating area, directly in front of the window in the front of the shop.

We sat beside her, watching her enjoy the noodles with such an exaggerated reaction.

"Ah! I feel like I'm in a movie." She giggled, slurping up her noodles, the sauce all over her lips. I leant my head on my palm, a smile just spontaneously formed on my face.

I suppose it wasn't that bad at all.

"So, what's the plan then?" Niki looked at me, waiting for me to answer.

"Well, it's a bit dark, and I don't recommend walking around Seoul when it's dark. So, we could just head back to the hotel and then decide tomorrow." I explained as he nodded his head, no questions asked.

"I think, we should definitely go shopping in the huge malls here, or like just walk around the city, or like maybe we could go to Lotte world or something!" Seohee hurriedly made suggestions, so eager to just be here.

Me and Niki collectively chuckled at her excitement.

"We'll do everything tomorrow, just eat up meantime." Niki gave an adoring smile, just watching Seohee eat.

"Yeojin." A familiar voice spoke, and as my brain registered the voice, my heart crumbled, just like a scrunched up piece of paper.

The grim, heavy feeling in my stomach settled once more, this was the voice of someone I did not want to hear at all, someone I didn't want to see ever again.

And he had just called my name.