32

TWO WEEKS LATER

[so sorry for the big time skip i need to progress the story without dragging the chapters on lol]

Seven weeks left in Jeju. Seven weeks.

It's passed by way too fast for me to even comprehend. All the joy I've had, all the places I've seen, the sunrises and sunsets that I've experienced.

I can't believe another two weeks passed just like that. And soon enough, I'll have spent more weeks here than I have left.

I sat beside Niki in a cafe, we were laughing, talking and just talking about absolutely nothing relevant. I sipped my drink through the straw, looking at Niki who just stared at me, an irresistible smile painted on his face.

He grabbed his straw, stabbing it through my drink and taking a sip, the same time I was.

Our faces were insanely close. My heart beat probably the fastest it has ever beaten with him. Over the course of the few weeks, I had realised that I can't even deny my feelings for him anymore.

Even if I tried to avoid him, he'd always find a way to prop back up into my life, and I'd just let him in. [omg siri play let me in by enhypen] [[sorry that was such a lame joke]]

I'm sure, undoubtedly, the residents here were even familiar with our chemistry. We essentially went everywhere together, anywhere Niki was, I was probably there too, and likewise.

They noticed it, I noticed it. I don't even think Niki noticed it though. And that was the disappointment of it.

I didn't know if he was being nice to me like usual, or he likes me. It was a topic I debated with myself every night, yet no answer still.

Niki pulled his head away from sipping my drink, turning to look at me. Again, with those round eyes, sparkling with such sincerity and purity. His face was so kissable.

"Yeojin." He said my name like that, again. I turned to look at him, our eyes locking. He thought for a while, looked away and then looked back at me.

"Niki." I repeated in his tone, earning a chuckle from his lips.

"Are you actually staying here permanently?" He asked me this question again, for the first time after the last time he tried to ask.

I had no sunrise to avert the topic, I had nothing I could say to avert the topic whatsoever. I just looked into his gleaming eyes, literally urgently wanting the words from me.

"Yeah, I am." It randomly came out, and the pain in my heart was unexplainable. I acted upon instinct, and I just said the first thing that came out.

He looked at me, a smile radiating off his entire face. I don't think I've ever seen a man so happy, or smile so brightly like that before.

He sipped my drink once more, taking the whole cup and actually drinking it all by himself. I just stared, unsure of what to say. It wasn't because he just emptied my entire drink, yet still had his own, but the fact I lied straight through my teeth, and the way he reacted.

I am the worst person to probably trekk on Jeju soil. There was no way I would ever recover from such guilt.

But, I still gave a smile, trying to swallow away the thick lump in my throat, my stomach tied in knots and that constant feeling of uneasiness remaining there.

"Wow, why was your drink better than mine?" Niki gave a groan, finishing my drink completely.

I snapped out of my guilt, though it was there, I had to act as if I was not otherwise he'd catch on. I am so sorry Niki.

"See, I just pick the best drink flavours. You're always on my case about people from Seoul being the worst, well, see this? Seoul people pick the best drink flavours." I crossed my arms, proudly, about to take a sip of my drink.

Til I realised it was empty, I placed it on the table, glaring at Niki as I finally realised he'd actually drank it all.

All he did was give a laugh, such a precious laugh that I couldn't even be mad at. He looked at his phone, raising his eyebrows slightly.

"Ah shit, I gotta go." He stood up in a hurry, and I looked at him, confused.

"Where? What?" I stood up with him, wondering what he was so urgent about.

"Saeron wanted me to help her with something, or something like that, I don't know, either way. I'll see you later Yeojin." He smiled, and as he left, I just felt my heart being dragged across the cafe floor, seeing him open the door and leave, heading to wherever Saeron was, made me want to just drag Niki by the collar and make sure he doesn't even go anywhere near that woman.

But obviously, I couldn't do that.

Well I could.