6 / Edward Finds Out

CHAPTER SIX
EDWARD FINDS OUT

꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷

                     EDWARD DID AS HE WAS TOLD, putting Bella in the car before speeding off through the woods. The rest of the Cullens stayed behind, ensuring for a moment that the nomads wouldn't come back before speeding home.

Carlisle was quick to round on them, "I've met vampires like James before — trackers. They're dangerous, and they revolve around the hunt."

"Edward's protectiveness of Bella must've set him off." Alice said in a panic, looking around at them, "He won't stop until she's dead."

"We have to kill him." Jasper muttered darkly.

"How?" Emmett asked.

"Rip him apart and burn the pieces." Sabine answered with a grim look, eyes flashing with something dark. She shook off the memory, the voice in her head, and focused on the task at hand.

"He's taking her home first." Alice said, eyes glassy. Rose scoffed.

"No that's good." Esme nodded, "James will go there first anyway — they can lead him away before he goes for her father."

"Alice, go there." Carlisle nodded at her, "Take Emmett with you, tail them. Shield them."

They both nodded and ran off, and the patriarch turned to the rest of his family, "Get yourselves together, we need — "

He stopped, eyes darting to the front door, brows narrowing. They all did the same, ears perked, and stilled when they caught the familiar scent. Laurent.

"He comes in peace." Jasper muttered, "He isn't here to hurt anyone."

"Stay here." Carlisle said, "Let me talk to him."

It was only a few minutes later that Bella and Edward returned. After Laurent gave his warnings, he took off, and the Olympic Coven sped into the garage.  Emmett and Alice were already down there, and they went for the cabinets, grabbing some better clothes.

"I've had to fight our kind before." Jasper informed them, "Not easy to kill."

"But not impossible." Emmett responded, nodding at them all, "We can do it. We have to."

"I don't relish the thought of killing another creature." Carlisle said as he snatched their emergency cash, "Even a sadistic one like James."

"What if he kills one of us first?" Rosalie asked, pulling herself up on the counter and tilting her head. She wasn't very happy about the sudden turn of events. She was ignored.

"I'm gonna run Bella South, can you lead the tracker away from — "

"No, Edward." He was interrupted, "James knows you'd never leave Bella's side. He'll follow you."

"I'll go with Bella." Alice offered, "Jasper and I will drive her south. I'll keep her safe, Edward."

"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" He ground out painfully. He was worried, that much was obvious.