Prologue (Clown)

In the dimly lit cityscape, a solitary figure stood on the edge of a towering building, the chilly wind tugging at her disheveled hair. Harley Quinn's silhouette was framed against the night sky as she teetered on the precipice, her inner turmoil echoing in the silence. The distant glow of city lights reflected in her tear-filled eyes as she grappled with a desperate decision, the cold concrete below seemingly offering a grim escape. In the dimly lit cityscape, a solitary figure stood on the edge of a towering building, the chilly wind tugging at her disheveled hair. Harley Quinn's silhouette was framed against the night sky as she teetered on the precipice, her inner turmoil echoing in the silence. The distant glow of city lights reflected in her tear-filled eyes as she grappled with a desperate decision, the cold concrete below seemingly offering a grim escape. No, she wasn't struggling with the decision. She had made up her mind.

The B-Man had robbed her of her puddin' Joker. First he murdered him in Arkham City when Joker was practically begging for the cure to his disease. Then when Harley thought for sure she could have a new Joker or Jokers from the ones infected with Mr. J's blood, Batman stopped them. The only remaining Joker for her killed the others before killing himself. Then Batman locked her in one of his fancy cells he kept the Jokers in. Harley wanted revenge, she wanted it dearly but when she broke free she watched a news report on the screen, revealing Batman to be none other than Bruce Wayne. Then when he walked into that fancy house of his the building exploded, killing the Bat and robbing her of her chance to kill him.

"I'm so sorry mista' J......." Harley sniffled as the wind of the night blew harshly, making the skirt of her outfit flap. Her black eyeliner soaked it's way down her face as the rain poured harshly on Gotham city. She looked around the city, observing the her surroundings. "......everything's fallin' apart...."

Gotham was still recovering from Scarecrow's attack, communities sweeping up destroyed parts of the drone tanks and destroyed cars. But the citizens walked through the city in joy, some wearing batman inspired clothing to pay tribute to the dark knight. Up on billboards and big screens were signs of a new election for Mayor, James Gordon of the GCPD. Giant plants that once stuck out of the ground were being cut down by Lexcorp workers, the last thing Poison Ivy grew before she died absorbing Scarecrow's fear toxin, another twist of the knife plunged into her heart.

"The chaos you made......" Harley sniffed as she stared down at the illuminated streets before turning her attention back towards her objective, looking down the building. "It's all gone and replaced with good.......all your work is gone and I couldn't prevent it from being destroyed!"

Harley cried as she stared down from atop the building she stood on, watching as the waves of the water below, the waves splashing harshly. The dark liquid looked like the devouring abyss that ate anything and everything no matter what the food was. This is the only way Harley could find a way to release herself from the pain, was by jumping into the all consuming abyss. She tried shooting herself but found it hard to even pull the trigger before pointing the gun away. She wouldn't jump onto the streets below, let the people have the satisfaction of seeing her splatter on the ground in a beautiful pool of blood. She refused to run Jokers gang without him or without killing the Bat, who was already dead. Robin and Nightwing were gone, simply vanished off the face of the earth. So here she was, broken and sad as she stood on the edge of the huge building. She moved her feet nervously, hearing the rattle of the rocks she put in her boots to help her sink should she chicken out.

"Here I go......M-Mr. J......" Harley stuttered out as she raised one leg up and out towards the empty air. She could feel herself slowly leaning forward as she crossed her arms over her chest, looking up at the night sky, hoping her one true love was looking down at her. "I-I'll be with you soon......."