Ch 9

Aaron Cash ducked behind a car as purple projectiles shot overhead after he issued the order. The handicapped cop and his squad of officers began firing their rifles as more of the aliens began attacking the city of Gotham. Cash ducked as more of the aliens began firing at him, one of his men was hit and instantly killed by the plasma. The streets were being taken over by the enemy and Cash couldn't help but feel dejavu.

"SIR, WHATS THE PLAN!" One of the officers cried out as Cash peeked over the side of his cover and fired at the aliens again. He turned back to the officer and reloaded his rifle as best as he could before yelling over the gunfire of the aliens. Only for a projectile to hit the head of said officer.

'Damn it!' Cash thought to himself as he looked at his remaining squad members. Their was once thirty of them but now only fifteen were left. He leaned over the side and fired once more as the aliens approached. From his reports, these aliens were nothing like the ones attacking Metropolis. These ones were more mechanical in nature like an unholy abomination between metal and flesh wit jawless skulls as heads, their hands only having three digits with circles in the palm of their hand where the purple blaster fire came from. Cash remembered watching as one of the aliens shot out a thin yet flexible metal rope out that pierced a man's skull before dragging him over.

"This is Aaron Cash of the GCPD! We need reinforcements!" Cash spoke into his radio as he took cover once more. They could run to the diner behind them but the chances of them getting shot were to great. Cash heard one of his officers scream as a metal rope pierced her skull through the car's windows before pulling her through the broken windows. Aaron spoke into his radio once more. "Repeat: we need reinforcements! We're pinned down at the diner on Peter dr! Is anyone—?!"

"Oh calm down will ya?"

Before Cash could question who spoke on the radio, he heard the sound of something falling down in front of him. It was one of the aliens, which had attempted to crawl over the car, dead on the ground as sparks sizzled through its body. Cash noticed something in the creatures head which had pierced it all the way through and was lodged inside the skull.

An arrow.

Cash felt his heart quicken before looking over cover at the incoming aliens. In the blink of an eye, three of the aliens simultaneously fell over with an arrow in their heads. The officers held their fire as a figure dropped onto the street in front of them, garbed in dark green leather and a hood before dashing towards the aliens with a bow in his hand and quivers on his back. Before the aliens could hit the hero in green the officers began firing at them. The new guy took his bladed bow and began slicing up the alien closest to him, cutting it to bits before loading his crossbow and firing an arrow at another alien. The alien looked down before the arrow exploded, trapping the machine in ice. The hero used the frozen alien as cover from the enemy fire before loading four arrows in his bow. The hero jumped out from behind cover and fired his arrows, piercing the remaining aliens's skulls.

"HA! You guys aren't so tough." The hero cheered as he twirled his bow before stopping. He turned towards the officers and jogged over to them. Cash could make out pale skin, a blond, pointy beard and a mask covering the eyes of the newcomer. The man stopped in front of Cash as the officers kept their weapons at the ready. "Sorry I was late, had to deal with like fifty of these guys."

"Green Arrow, nice to see your still kicking

"Green Arrow, nice to see your still kicking." Cash nodded at the hero. Green Arrow emerged a year after Batman's death, picking up the slack that was left after the dark knight's untimely demise. Green Arrow was a huge help for GCPD, the street level hero stopping some of Batman's rogues when they escaped, such as firefly and the infected ManBat. Cash motioned towards his men and ordered them. "Round up, we're heading to GCPD."

"What were you guys even doing out here?" Arrow asked as the officers began stripping their fallen comrades of their gear. The dead would get a proper funeral later, but right now the living needed their stuff more than ever. "You guys know it's not safe out here. Hell, the military is spread thin enough as is."

Ever since the invasion began, every country had been attacked by these machines relentlessly. America and the other countries can't focus a strike on the giant skull ship without pulling out their military and letting the machines kill their people. Unlike Metropolis, these machines came in waves after one another, adapting to the cops and soldiers tactics. Bullets could barley pierce their bodies, making them a deadly force to be reckoned with.

"We're out here to find Tim Drake." Cash told the vigilante. "He's been gone since this morning and Barbra is worried sick, which isn't helping that she's pregnant."

"What about.......hang on." Arrow stopped himself from speaking before reaching up and pressing his finger against the comm in his hear. Arrow nodded before pulling out a bat-phone from his pocket and handed it to Cash. "That's for you."

"Uh, hmm?" Cash felt the phone vibrate before he answered it, watching as Arrow loaded his bow and kept watch for any aliens. "Hello?"

"Hey Cash." Cash felt himself sigh in relief as a familiar voice came from the phone. It was Nightwing, and from the sound of it he was avoiding gunfire. "Listen, I don't have much time but tell Barbra she doesn't need to worry about Tim."

"And why's that? The boy up and left without a word!" Cash spoke as he scanned the dark sky for any flying machines. Cash didn't take Tim as someone to run, especially with his pregnant wife to worry about.

"Tim left for Metropolis." Nightwing said over the phone. Cash felt his heart nearly stop at that, Barbra wasn't going to like it one bit. "Listen, just trust him on this. He wouldn't leave Barbra unless he thought something in Metropolis could help them. You got me, Azrael, Red Hood, Green Arrow, and Deathstroke to pick up the slack. Now listen, if your really wanting a full time protector for Barbra, let Bane out."

"BANE?! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU—?!" Cash cursed before the line went dead.

End.

Short chapter.

Very rough chapter actually.

I'm so sorry for the long wait, but I have so much stuff going on in real life. I'll be off my meds soon, so updates may be slower than usual.

Plus, I'm trying to appeal greatly to you guys on this story. But I'm making sure whatever I write doesn't contradict anything down the road.

Im also trying to make how the Justice league lose sound......original. I love Batman's contingency plans, but like Green lanterns for instance wouldn't really work with how I plan to write him further down the road. Who knows, maybe I'll simply have his ring malfunction.

Characters like Riddler, Penguin, Hack, and more might appear (riddler definitely will).

Anyways, criticism is welcome, hope you have a good day/night!