Notes

Every day when I got out of class, I would go to my locker and grab my extra books. Since I didn't have anything better to do, I'd do extra schoolwork and homework in the evening once I got home.

And for the past eight months, since I came out, someone has slipped notes in my locker. Nothing bad, just a little "have a great day" and "I like you." I've been trying to figure out who they are for months, but I can never seem to catch them.

I know it's some time between 11 and 12 while I'm in chemistry because I check my locker before and after each class.

I skipped chemistry today; I have never missed a single class. Ever. But I'm determined to find out who this person is.

I stood in the corner of the hallway in between the janitors closet and water fountain, peeking my head out every few seconds to see if I could spot them.

Then. I saw her, Olivia, in calculus, and we sat next to each other. We were never really friends, but we were never enemies either.

Her tight curls bounced up and down as she ran down the hall, going to her next class.

She was wearing a pink and white plaid skirt, a white cardigan, and white Converse.

I didn't want to confront her right then and there and embarrass both of us, so I went to the bathroom and finished up some extra schoolwork in there.

I heard the bell go off in the hallway, dismissing everyone to lunch. I grabbed my bag and headed outside.

I looked around the cafeteria until I spotted her about to leave with her lunch in hand.

I walked quickly towards her and said, "Hey Lizzie, wait!"

Her painful complexion made it obvious that her cheeks were turning red.

"Oh, hey, what's up?" She said it nervously.

"I found this in my locker; wanna tell me about it?" I asked softly, trying not to sound pushy or aggressive.

"Uh." Her voice was shaky.

"Look, it's fine. You're cute, and I like you so much." I shrugged.

"Ok, fine, it was me. I'm sorry, just forget about it."

She turned and started to storm off. She looked upset.

"Wait." I called out.

She didn't listen.

I ran after her, grabbed her arm, and pulled her in.

She dropped her lunch bag on the floor next to her.

We both looked into each other's eyes for about 10 seconds before I leaned in and kissed her cheek.

"Now, how about asking me for my number?" I laughed.

She rolled her eyes and laughed along with me.

"Can I have your number?" She asked confidently.

"Yes. That's better."

She smiled.

"Do you have a paper?" I asked.

"Uh, no."

"Here, let me see your arm." I said, lifting her hand up to my level.

I took a pen and wrote my number on her wrist.

"There you go." I let a smile out.

"Thanks."

"Mhm."

"Meet up after class? I'll walk you home if you'd like." She asked.

"Let's do it." I said.

521 word count
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading :)