Chapter 6:

As I was in the process of barging into the chamber I was informed the marquis was placed in the doors suddenly flung open at me.

Fortunately, I still managed to somehow avoid it despite it being so suddenly as my so-called "fiancee" stepped out of the room with his eyes clenched in what I assume was anger as he kept screeching about how long he'd been waiting at the duchy for me and that I had no manners whatsoever in his squeaky rat-like voice.

"Even if she is of commoner blood, shouldn't you have at least taught her the basics of etiquette, Duke Divinus?! This is unacceptable!" The old bastard kept rabbling on and on about some nonsense about manners although he was the one who came unannounced while the duke followed him out the room trying to calm him down though I could honestly barely even make out what he was saying due to his squeaky voice.

"How dare that lowly wench make me wait for her?! She's lucky she even has a fiance as noble as I am-" He soon cut himself off as his eyes landed on me.

"Oh? So now you've decided to show yourself?" I immediately had an intense urge to punch this bastard square in the lower jaw seeing the smug smile on his face along with his gaze travel over my body.

"Where have you been all this time huh?! Have you not been taught any etiquette?!" His demeanor instantly took a whole 180 as he yanked me by my arm while gripping onto me tightly as I heard his old fingers crack slightly just from that.

"Is there a need for me to remind you who was the one that arrived here unannounced first? And please refrain from doing whatever you are with your voice, it's not as pleasant as you might think of it to be." I deadpanned feeling my irritation grow by the second from listening to his squeaky voice as he let out an overly dramatic gasp.

The marquis seemed taken aback by my response. He was too shocked to respond. Avis, who was also in the room with my fiance and the duke seemed surprised too. He had indeed heard me speak like this before, but never once did I speak with such rudeness before the presence of the duke.

"How dare you-" "Ugh, please step back a bit. Your breath stinks." I cut him off as he tightened his grip on my arm though I still managed to easily slip it out of his grip to cover my mouth and nose from the awful stench while I took a few steps back seeing that he wasn't planning to do so.

"Sovine! What has gotten into you?!" The duke suddenly appeared behind me yanking my arm back to meet my gaze with his frustrated one boring into my eyes as if I was nothing but a nuisance ruining his chance to grow his influence by mixing with the likes of this lame excuse of a fiance.

I rolled my eyes as the Duke yanked my arm back. I clearly didn't appreciate how he treated me as if I was nothing but a tool for his own gain.

"You wanted to marry me off just to strengthen your alliance with another house. I don't understand why you are acting so surprised right now." I looked at the Duke and frowned slightly remembering that this was the same treatment the real Sovine had to endure for so many years.

"Forget it, Duke Divinus! I will be sure to send an official letter to announce the annulment of this engagement tomorrow at early dawn! I do not have the tolerance to endure such etiquette which is as lowly as her blood!" My fiance announced glancing over to me to see my expression in hopes of finding some sort of regret in it.

The Duke was shocked hearing my fiance's decision. He didn't expect him to do something like this. However, my mood only seemed to have been uplifted by this statement.

I had expected this to happen since Marquis Qulius was one known for his temper and reckless decisions and I did not regret the measures I took to provoke his anger in the slightest.