Chapter 7:

As I approached the seat the lady had gestured me to I could clearly hear their giggles and feel their anticipating gazes, they clearly had no good intentions in this. 

However, I came prepared. As I lifted my skirt to take a seat I quietly slipped the golden ring I had on off my finger as it fell directly on the chair and it immediately collapsed.

'... They were definitely planning to shame me on my weight after I sat on that and fell and possibly dismiss it as a joke after if I lashed out on them and call me sensitive.' 

I gazed down at the chair which now lying on the paved ground of the greenhouse in pieces in irritation at these ladies' pathetic behavior before immediately switching to my surprised facade.

"Ah..." Versutas let out a shaky breath while wearing a panicked expression on her face now that her plan had backfired.

It was clear that rumors might start spreading about the Allisun family's incompetence in properly serving their guests.

"Ah! My sincerest apologies Lady Sovine! It seems we have made a grave mistake!" Lady Versutas immediately shot out of her seat and offered it over to me in a panicked tone.

"Oh, do not fret Lady Versutas. It was a simple mistake." I responded smiling back at her.

'Go to hell bitch.'

"This is nothing compared to all you've done for me." I continued as the others ladies once again began whispering about my naviety, die they seriously not realize that I coudl hear them?

"You were even as generous as to invite me to this tea party and schedule it so early despite knowing the incident occurred quite recently and I was most probably still recovering." I added turning to face her with the most convincing, grateful smile I could muster as I strode towards her.

'Exactly. Don't I look like the most innocent lady ever right now?'

"You even went through the trouble to announce in the invitation that this tea party was specifically held for me so I must to attend." I clasped her hands in mine as with a grateful smile.

"I know you never truly meant to hurt me, Lady Versutas. Am I wrong?" I smiled sweetly at her as the air in the room grew tense.

Simply due to the fact that the other ladies' servants and the ladies themselves had already known of this scheme to humiliate me yet did nothing to stop it and even encouraged it.

Meanwhile I was showing so much trust in them.

Sovine was more widely known to be a naive girl than a troublesome one who had always been a pushover and easily believed and saw even the smallest gesture from anyone to be a kind offer. 

This came to be due to her obsession with being accepted by the duke and his family and used to irritate me quite a bit in the past but now it was finally coming in handy.

Others will see this as me being naive towards a lady who so rudely invited me to a tea party so soon despite knowing that I had recently gotten severely injured and was currently recovering and even messed with the seat prepared for me. 

Of course, all those rumors will be spread by the nearby servants and even some of these ladies who could possibly have some inkling of jealousy towards Lady Versutas and have negative emotions towards her and her social standing.

Hearing this will obviously dramatically damage the Allisun's reputation and Lady Vertusas's reputation herself.

While also provide the other ladies the chance to boost their own house's reputation by inviting me over to their house under the guise of consoling a sickly lady who had been nearly deceived into sitting on a faulty chair which could've seriously harmed her already recovering body and was too shaken by this recent vicious scheme against me.