Part 1 - The students of Class D

The next video played , and I'm trying to remember what happened after that specifically. I'm pretty sure  I talked to Horikita after this.

Part 1 - The students of Class D

Is the title hinting at showing me interacting with key class D figures or something else? The structure of these videos is still a bit strange , so I'll need to keep theorizing until I get more apparent clues.

Eventually, after peeking through the cafeteria door, I decided to go to the convenience store, bought some bread, and returned to the classroom.

A group of friends were eating with their desks next to each other, while there were various students quietly eating alone. The only thing common was that nearly everyone had a bento from either the convenience store or the cafeteria.

Normally , a couple girls from a popular group would snicker or something like that. But because of the dampened mood , no one could muster the courage to say something crude or distasteful , only thing they can do is watch. The only times people can really talk right now is if they want to ask something , say something to lighten the mood , or a bit of a mixture of both.

I was going to start eating when I saw that Horikita had already returned to her seat.

She had on her desk a sandwich that looked delicious.

At the mention of so much food , everyone got a bit hungry. After everyone had this revelation , I heard someone's stomach grumble quickly followed by a shriek of embarrassment. It wasn't that hard to find the culprit , since I could just look near me and see Sato with her head down.

I returned to my seat without saying anything.

When I was about to take my first bite of my bread, music started to play out of the speakers.

“Today, at 5pm in gymnasium number 1, there will be a club fair. For those of you with an interest in clubs, please come to gymnasium number 1. I repeat, today──”

"Oh , the club fair!"

Asahina-senpai said with so much enthusiasm that everyone else in the room stopped being as tense as they were. Being popular really has it's perks.

A girl with a cute voice made an announcement over the PA.

"Urk!"

I look up to see Tachibana in a slightly further position than last time I saw her. Did she jump? She also looked directly at me as if I was some disgusting bug you find in the corner of your bathroom , like a roach.

Clubs, huh. I’ve never been in a club before.

“Hey, Horikita───”

“I have no interest in clubs.”

Horikita's fast quips at anything I say seems to be amusing for others , since I saw a couple people try to hold their laughs in.

“… I didn’t even ask anything yet.”

“Ok, then what?”

“Are you going to participate in any clubs?”

I'm satisfied to see that people find me and Horikita's dynamic funny. I don't really mind it either , it's interesting and new to me , to be able to just have a normal converstation with someone that has basivally only teasing involved.

“Ayanokouji-kun. Do you have dementia? Or are you just an idiot? Didn’t I say from the beginning that I have no interest in clubs?”

“Just because you don’t have any interest doesn’t mean you won’t participate.”