1. The First Meet

"Amma, dorikedhe oka roju off aroje nuvu ilanti programs pedithe ela?",Anu said coming into the kitchen adjusting her spects.

(Mom, I only get one day off and that day itself if you arrange programs like this then what is the use of this weekly off that I get?)

"Anni problems eh anu nekaithe, working day pedithe tired ayyanu amma antav, poni holiday roju pedithe ila antav, asalu elane neeku inka pelli chesedhi?",Roja her mother said annoyed.

(In this whole world all the problems are faced by you alone, Anu. If we arrange on working days you will say you are tired, now you will say we are wasting your holiday? How will you get married like this?)

"Ippudu em kompalu munigipothunnay ani amma? Ayina ninnu kadhu, ammammaaa idhantga nee training eh kadhaa",Anu said and went to Kumari who was secretly hearing the whole conversation but when she heard Anu was coming out, she went and sat near her usual place in front of Bhagavadgeeta with her eyes closed.

(Now what is the hurry to get me married? Wait, this is all trained by my grandmother right?)

"Ammamma, ushh! Kaanivandi meeku nachinattu cheskondi",Anu said and went to her room.

(Grandmother, God! Do whatever you want)

"Rojaa, aa yellow colour saree kattukommani cheppu nee kuthurki",Kumari said.

(Roja, ask your daughter to wear that yellow colour saree)

"Ippudu nuvu dhyanam cheyatledhu kadha?",Anu said and yet again Kumari closed her eyes.

(Now are you not praying or meditating, grandma?)

After finishing her works in the kitchen, Roja went to her daughter's room and saw that Anu was sitting on the bed talking to her best friend, Ishira on phone.

"Yemma, Ishu! Baunnava?",Roja asked as they were video calling and Roja sat beside Anu.

(Hello, Ishu! How are you?)

"First class, aunty! Meeru(What about you) ?",Ishu asked to which Anu just narrowed her eyes towards her but who was she even trying to scare.

"Baunnanu, Ishu! Eppudu vastunnav intiki?",Roja asked.

(Good, Ishu! When are you coming home?)

"Igo ippudu phone andhuke aunty naaku chesindhi. Urgent ga rammani",Ishu said to which Roja smiled looking at Anu.

(She called me asking me to come home itself aunty)

"Cheppave, cheppey, notlo oka maata undabattedhe neeku",Anu said twisting her lips.

(Nothing will stay in your mouth, right? Tell her everything)

"Maa aunty ra bhai, cheppakunda ela unta? Ayina meerem tension teeskokandi aunty daaniki ee pelli choopulu valla problem em ledhu. Naa maata nammandi. Migatha matter nenu vachaka matladadam. Vachetappudu emaina bayata nunchi techedhi undha aunty?",Ishira said and asked simultaneously.

(My aunty, my wish, how can I stay without telling anything? Also you don't need to take any tension aunty. She doesn't have any problem with these bride seeing ceremony. Trust me about it and rest things, I'll tell you when I come there. Should I get anything while coming, aunty?)

"Em ledhu nanna, ninnane mee uncle anni techaru. Nuvu driving chesetappudu jagratha. Sare mari",Roja said.

(No dear, your uncle got everything yesty. You drive safe! Okay bye)

"Naatho matladaku, intiki vachaka chooskundham",Anu said to which Ishira winked at her giggling.

(Don't even try to talk to me, I'll see you once you come home)