chapter seven

Undercover Shadows: Deceptive Alliances

Delphine's POV:

After leaving the conference room, Amore escorts me to my room and hands me a brown folder.

I sit down on the couch and open the folder on the table. Inside, I find detailed instructions on what I need to do and how to do it. It also contains information about Dae and his operation.

I scan through the file, taking in all the personal information about Dae such as his spouse, age, and birthday. When I finish reviewing the contents, I glance at the alarm clock on the bedside table and check the time. It's already 8:00.

There should be enough time for me to get ready. I get up from the couch and walk into the closet. As I step in, the lights automatically illuminate the space. Making my way to the back of the closet, I scan the line of dresses until my eyes land on a stunning blue satin cocktail dress.

Taking the dress off the rack, I lay it on the closet island. I then walk over to the other side of the closet to find a pair of silver sparkly heels with a 4-inch heel height.

Placing the heels next to the dress, I open a drawer on the island which contains small pieces of jewelry. As I'm about to close it, I notice a small heart necklace neatly tucked into the corner. Intrigued, I examine the necklace before placing it gently on the island and closing the drawer.

Leaving my outfit in the closet, I walk into the bathroom. After stripping from my clothing, I step into the shower. After about 25 minutes, I finish and return to the bedroom. Sitting on the bed, I apply lotion to my body while checking the clock. It's now 8:30.

I then return to the bathroom to work on styling my hair. I decided to go for a half-up half-down style. Searching through the top sink drawer, I find a comb and a hair tie.

Separating my hair into two sections, I wet it and applied curling gel to the bottom half, scrunching it in. Opening the same top drawer once again, I retrieve a blow dryer and attach the diffuser before beginning to dry and style my hair.

 Opening the same top drawer once again, I retrieve a blow dryer and attach the diffuser before beginning to dry and style my hair

Glancing at the clock, I realize it's already 8:58. I walk over to the door, take a deep breath, and open it.

Making my way down the long hallway towards the stairs, I hold onto the railing as I descend. When I reach the second floor, I stop to knock on Isabel's door, but there's no answer.

Continuing down the marble staircase, I notice everyone standing in the foyer. Two guards stand at the end of the staircase. As I walk towards them, the clicking sound of my heels grabs their attention and they turn around to face me.