21.

[Scream 2 & 3 - time set - 1997- 1998 - college year]
- -

Kinney threw her head back as she drowned down another shot. The alcohol burned her throat, but it didn't bother her at all.

Her body swayed with the music as she danced surrounded by other dancers.

"Acting on your best behavior, turn your back on mother nature, everyone wants to rule the world..."

Kinney had changed a lot in a year. She became more confident in herself, and she even changed her style.

She cut her hair shorter and dyed red streaks in her hair. Her outfits changed from shy girl to punk rock.

She goes to more parties, and she drinks more. She doesn't really have friends, but she hangs out with anyone that was willingly to get drunk with her and go out to party.

She had become a bit distant from Sidney, but it wasn't entirely her fault. Sidney was on guard, always being cautious because Billy loomis and Stu Macher could make an appearance any time.

Sidney and Kinney had an argument because of that.

"Why can't you just listen to me? Billy and stu could make an appearance any time, aren't you worried!?" Sidney questioned as she followed after Kinney, who sharply turned to her.

Sidney stopped before she bumped into Kinney, "Why would I be worried? They didn't want to kill me. They wanted to kill you," Kinney told her,

"Worry about yourself."

Sidney couldn't understand why Kinney wasn't worried about Billy and Stu like she was, but she had to look out for herself.

Randy usually hangs around Sidney since his crush on her and has hope that he could have a chance with Sidney since Billy tried to kill her.

He rarely hangs out with Kinney or talks to her for that matter. If he were to hang out with her, it's because of Mickey altieri.

Mickey seemed to have replaced Randy as Kinney's best friend. He is the only person who hangs out with her and understands her.

It didn't take much for Randy to figure out that there was something wrong with Kinney, but he liked it because Kinney was like him.

Nobody besides Sidney had mentioned Billy loomis and Stu Macher, and it wasn't like Kinney didn't want to think about them or mention them. It's just,

Billy and Stu are always in Kinney's mind, and she can't just talk about them without mentioning how much she misses them.

It was wrong of her to miss them when they tried to kill her sister, but she just couldn't seem to hate them, and she couldn't stop loving them.

It was driving her insane, and she couldn't do anything about it.

"-kin!" Kinney snapped her head towards the person who called out her name, and it was Mickey.

He walked over with a grin on his face, and he held out a shot towards Kinney, who titled her head back and opened her mouth.

Mickey poured the alcohol in her mouth, and Kinney drank it. Before she let out a small laugh,

She placed her hands on Mickey's hips and swayed her hips as she danced.

Mickey laughed and danced with her. "Your sister is looking for you!" Mickey yelled over the music staring down at Kinney.

"Why? Did something get murdered!?" Kinney questioned. Her voice had changed a bit over a year. It wasn't as soft as before.

Mickey smirked, leaning down, his face inches away from hers. "Yeah, someone got murdered."

Kinney grinned, "Well, tough shit." Mickey laughed and stood up straighter,

Over the year, Kinney had stopped caring when somebody died. It wasn't her problem. She wasn't the one who got murdered.

"Send a prayer for the youth of America!"

As Kinney and Mickey were at a party, dancing with no care in the world.

Someone was in the crowd just watching them, watching them dance.

No one was safe this time. Not even the killers.

----------------------

Word count - 661

Sorry for the late update and short update, but I hope you enjoyed it!

Also, I decided to put screams 2 and 3 toghether.

And also! Mickey and Kinney are not gonna be romantic with each other. They're just best friends, that's all.

- -

I also have two new covers, they're not great, but here they are.

[Cover one]

[Cover two]

[Cover two]