i need you

travis kelce's pov

    i arrived at my hotel after the party. as i'm brushing my teeth about to go to sleep, my phone buzzes. it was taylor. we exchanged numbers at the party but i wasn't expecting to hear from her this soon. after texting her back and setting up tomorrow's plans, i head to bed. 

   the next morning i was frantically rummaging through my suitcase to find the perfect outfit. meeting up with the biggest pop star on the planet is kind of a big deal. i finally settled with some light wash jeans, and a black button up shirt that has my number and name on it. last night i was so confident with hitting on her, probably because i had a few drinks but now i'm so nervous. this morning i texted her good morning with a simple heart and she replied with the same. my stomach filled with butterflies. saying that as a 6'5 football player is embarrassing but it's exactly how i felt. i have always been a fan of her and her music. i really wanted to go to the concert but my busy schedule couldn't make time for it. it was almost time for me to head out so i called jason. 

"how do i look?" he can hear the nervousness in my voice. "you look great, she's going to love you. you have that kelce charm." he laughed. i realized it was time to leave so i hung up and said goodbye to my dogs. 

taylor swifts pov

i am so nervous. last night i felt so confident but i was also a bit drunk so that probably helped. i hope he doesn't mind my love for alcohol. that would be bad. he should be here in about ten minutes. i spent all last night cleaning making sure the apartment was spotless. i didn't want to look too fancy so i went with a simple pair of jeans and a red cropped tank. i hear a knock on the door and immediately get up to answer it. before i open the door i take a deep breath praying that everything goes well. 

  "hi travis!" i smile. "hi taylor, you look gorgeous."  my cheeks turn red. my cats are all standing at the door wondering who this stranger is. "who are these little ones?" he asks while bending down to pet benji. "there names are benjamin, olivia, and meredith." i bend down next to him. "usually they don't like new people." i laugh.  we then go sit down on the couch and put a show on. 

   "this may be a little corny, but you truly are the most beautiful girl i've ever seen." my heart melted as he said this. joe never called me beautiful, maybe he did in the first year, but after that he just constantly told me things i could do to be prettier. my cheeks began to heat up and i brought up a hand to cover my face. he inches closer to me and puts a hand on my waist to bring me closer. "you're so beautiful." he whispers in my ear. his deep voice sends chills down my spine. i put my hand on the back of his neck and our lips meet. i moved myself over to his lap. even being 5'11, he's still so much bigger than me. 

------------------------------

 travis kelce's pov

    i collapse down next to her, both of us out of breath. "you're pretty good mr. kelce." she laughs. "i could say the same thing about you." i say as i wipe the red lipstick off my face. she laughs at my now red covered face and neck. i wrap my arms around her bare waist and bring her closer to me. we talked for a few minutes before both dozing off to sleep.

one week later

   we have been texting and face timing non-stop and i miss her like crazy. getting to know the real taylor is so much better than believing whatever the headlines say. i don't have practice today and she's in kansas city for a meeting so we're going to have lunch at a restaurant later today. i'm picking her up from her hotel and then we're coming to my place afterwards. i'm not bringing her there to do what you think, that would be a bonus, but i would love to learn more about her in a private place without people flashing their cameras at us. she talked to me about all the paparazzi and how if i wanted to keep this private then it wasn't going to work out. i don't care though, i can feel myself falling for her everyday and i'm okay with being in the spotlight. 

   i arrived at her hotel and i had to prove myself to her security that i'm not a creep trying to kidnap her. she ran down the hallway and gave me a big hug. i grab her hand and guide her to the car, making sure to open the door for her. i put on music and we both sing along. i'm so comfortable with her, it's like we've known each other forever. i stop singing and find myself staring at her. her beautiful blue eyes light up in the sun. she notices and i quickly look away, embarrassed.

     i park at the restaurant and get out to open the door for her. immediately, paparazzi swarms us with large cameras. i try to not notice them and we just walk to the door. she's so unfazed by them so i try and follow her lead. heads turn as we walk in and i just focus on her. they brought us into a more private room and i was so relieved. "how do you just walk away from them?" i ask as we sit down. "when you've been in the spotlight since you were 16, you get used to it." she laughs. "i hope you're ready for all the articles about this. oh shit, i didn't ask tree." she looks really worried, but i have no idea who she's talking about. "tree is my publicist, and she's going to kill me." 

   taylor called her publicist, and she's mad but taylor isn't too worried because it was going to get out eventually. we finished eating and went back to my place. we told each other  funny stories and really got to know each other. i think i'm slowly falling for her and it pains me not to tell her. but what if she thinks it's too early? i feel like we really have something and i don't want to ruin it by moving too fast.