just take me home

fast forward about a month, gracelyn is doing so much better and every day her heart gets stronger. she's about a month old now and is almost ready to go home.

taylor swift's pov
   today gracelyn is one month old. she's still a little peanut but she's around the size of a regular newborn now. today, i finally get to hold her. i should've been able to a few weeks ago but she was so prone to illness that they didn't want her to get sick.
   i'm starting to really hate this hospital though. my mom is staying with the cats.
   a few days ago travis went out to get gracie a cute going home outfit. the outfits i packed for her are all still too big. he got the cutest pink sleeper with a little tutu attached to it and a matching headband.
   soon the nurse came in wheeling a tiny cart. "there's mama!" she said in a baby voice. my face lit up when i saw her. "come here peanut!" i opened my arms and she placed gracie on my chest. travis took some photos. she fluttered her tiny blue eyes and looked up at me. "tay she looks just like you!" he smiled and held her tiny hand. i handed her to travis and she fell right asleep on his chest. "looks like she's a daddy's girl." he smiled at me sarcastically. he carefully put her back in the cart as we waited for our families to arrive.
   "taylor, you have some visitors." the nurse said. she then let jason and kylie in first. the nurse carefully handed gracie to me and she started crying. it kinda freaked me out because i didn't know what she wanted. i tried to pat her back but she wouldn't stop. i handed her to kylie and then she stopped. "she has to cutest curls!" kylie played with her ringlets. she held her for a little longer before handing her to jason. "she's beautiful, you guys are going to be great parents."
   soon everyone had come in and held her and then left. we were finally allowed to go home. i took a quick shower while travis napped. he hasn't slept in what feels like days and i feel so bad. he's so paranoid that something is going to happen to gracie. but she's asleep and i told him he needs to nap before we drive home.
   i got dressed and came out of the bathroom to find him passed out. i decided to let him sleep and packed up all of our stuff. my bump is almost completely gone and i can finally move like a regular person again. in about a month the tour is starting up again and im so worried. travis's football season is also starting next week so i had to hire a nanny. tree found her for me and she had to sign an NDA. i'm meeting her tomorrow and im so nervous. nobody has seen gracie's face yet except for my family and close friends. i don't want to make her live a life in the spotlight if that's not what she wants. but i don't want to be the crazy mom who hides her from the real world. i'm supposed to go to travis's opening season game but he said if im not comfortable than i don't have to go. but i'm definitely not leaving the baby at home.
   i sat in the backseat next to gracie on the way home. "trav she's smiling!" i laughed and snapped a photo. she then made a confused face at the phone. i posted the photo to my private instagram. my friends slid up and said how cute she is. we finally got home and i took gracie inside while travis grabbed the bags.
   the cats immediately ran over to me when i walked in the door. travis soon came behind me and kissed my neck. "this is our first time coming home as a family of three." i looked up and travis and kissed him. gracie smiled and i brought her over to the kitchen. i placed the car seat on the island and took her out. "you're home peanut." i carried her over to our bedroom. my mom set up her bassinet next to our bed. before putting her to sleep i sat on my bed and breastfed her. she quickly latched on. "someone was hungry!" i laughed and stroked her hair. after she was done eating i laid her down in the bassinet and she surprisingly fell right asleep.
   it took me a few minutes to leave the room but i eventually did it. we were apart for so long that it feels like a crime to leave her alone to sleep for a while.
   "so now that the baby's asleep..." travis put his hands around my waist. i got butterflies as he towered over me. he began to kiss my neck and move his hands up and down my torso. "fuck yes." i dragged him to the guest room and silently closed to door hoping to not wake the baby. i pushed him down on the bed and slowly moved my hand down his body.

   "hello! taylor?" the front door opened. i knew it was blake. travis covered my mouth. i began to slightly giggle. "taylor shut the fuck up!" he whispered. clearly a little too loud because blake came knocking on the guest room door. "tay you in there?" she said from outside the door. "uh, yea." i said laughing. "i'm here too!" travis said and i slapped his leg.
   "oh i see what's going on. well you two can get dressed im going to grab the baby, she's crying." she said and walked away. i couldn't stop laughing and travis was so embarrassed. "just imagine how many times that's going to happen now that we have a child." i said and threw his shirt over to him.
   i got dressed and brushed my hair. "hey!" blake said as i walked in the living room. my face turned red. "listen, that has happened to me countless times. i'm just glad i didn't walk in." i pushed her shoulder and we both laughed. "come here baby girl." i said as blake handed gracie to me.
   "it smells like shit in here." travis said when he walked in the living room. "okay, you can change her then." i smiled sarcastically and gave him the baby. he rolled his eyes and brought her to the nursery. blake and i talked for a little and gave me lots of advice. this is all new and im terrified that ill do something wrong.

    i have been really inactive on all my socials and tree said i should post something. i decided to do snap a photo of my hand, travis's and gracie's hand each wearing a friendship bracelet. the photo is adorable and i showed tree before posting. she said it looks great and if im ready to tell the world that she was born than that is what i should do. i clicked post and immediately shut my laptop. thankfully my comments are off.
   later on i saw some articles about the post and asking when i will show her face or her name. i don't know if im ready though. i don't want to expose her to the world just yet. i'm still thinking about the game next week and if i should go or not. it's a shitty move to not go because travis skipped so many practices and meetings to be at the hospital with me.