Chapter Seventeen: Nightmares Be Wack

"Welcome to the gas production zone, the beating heart of the whole evil Playcare system. All that gas you see coming from the machine is made right here in the factory. It's called "The Red Smoke". Right now it's all headed off to the right, WE need to make that Red Smoke go left instead."

"That's how we can get to him. The machine will probably have a few dumb safeguards for you to work around, but I think you can do it. I'll call you once it's done." The boy hung up leaving Y/n to the job.

The room was somehow bright, the power managing to stay on for a decade without shutting off itself but Y/n ignored it and did her job, just wanting to go home.

As she explored she found the Grabpack 2.0 that gave her a new hand to jump around with and now were able to switch hands at will.

Y/n continued to walk around, going up an elevator, plugging in batteries and figuring out puzzles while thinking.

Along the walls there were words carved in them.

"The Hour Of Joy Is At Hand", "Joy", "He Is Wonderful", things like that and it got Y/n thinking about what it could mean.

Maybe the Hour Of Joy was when the factory closed down or something, it wasn't really known... at that moment.

But you know what is known?

That Y/n is going to need ten years worth of therapy.

Which isn't surprising to be honest, but she refuses to go either way since it's for "people who actually need help" as Y/n would put it.

Stubborn as always.

The power was back to the gas production machine and Y/n clicked the large button, the red smoke slowly diverting to the left, ending up in the middle tube.

The power went out suddenly, startling Y/n before they got a call from Ollie once more.

"Oh no! Someone killed the power. Okay I sent you another key, it's under the statue, use that to get into Home-Sweet-Home, then, once you're inside, find the buildings backup generator. Good luck." He ended the call, leaving Y/n in the darkness.

Walking up the stairs and back into the main Playcare area, taking a short walk to her childhood home, using the key to unlock it and getting a wave a nostalgia.

The smell of the home was the same, the smell of old books filled Y/n's nose before walking down a long stair case, opening double doors as the red smoke filled their nose.

Coughing a bit as she walked toward a different door, the smoke getting in the way of Y/n's view who was just trying to get out.

A bell was ringing before it suddenly stopped, a door opened on it's own and Y/n walked inside.

A classroom.

Ms. Delight was standing in front of a chalkboard, writing down math equations as the children giggled and talked.

"Alright children! Who can answer this one? 1 + 2 equals what?" She asked, the little kids excited to answer.

"Y/n? Why don't you answer?" Ms. Delight asked looking over at one of the desks, a young Y/n sitting nervously.

Their hair tied up while she tugged on her sunflower overalls. "Is it 3?" She asked as Ms. Delight cheered. "Very good! It is 3!" She said making young Y/n smile.

The kids continued to do their schoolwork, Ms. Delight walking over to Young Y/n to give her some papers, asking the child to deliver those papers to Stella Greyber, a loved counselor.

Young Y/n smiled and agreed, getting up and taking the papers with her to the museum like building.

Young Y/n opened the classroom door as the teen followed her younger self outside where some kids were already playing.

The kids were Y/n's bullies, her tormentors that wouldn't stop no matter what.

However, Y/n thought they were just trying to make friends and this was their way of doing just that.

"Y/n!" The boys rushed to the child, the older Y/n watching this take place. "We got something cool to show you." He said, young Y/n smiling as she agreed to follow them.

The boys took Y/n to the mini pond Playcare had, ducks that kids could sit in wasn't working at the time. The water was crystal clear so you could see the bottom, the water was at least six foot deep.

"The waters really pretty... I didn't know they changed it." She smiled before she felt a pair of hands on their back, falling into the cold water.

"Haha! I can't believe you fell for that!" They laughed as Y/n struggled to keep afloat, not knowing how to swim, flailing around.

The boys left as Y/n was crying and screaming, their screams being muffled from the water.

The teenager wasn't able to do anything, the pond was blocked off, not letting the teen over.
The child's eyes closing as they slowly sunk to the bottom of the of the pond...

Within a flash Y/n was in a hospital bed in an operating room, her foster father giving the child CPR, trying to keep them alive, the other doctors and nurses telling him to give up.

He refused to.

Another flash happened and the child was in another hospital bed, connected to a bunch of machines to keep them alive, Michael sitting next to them in silence, just glad that he managed to get her heart to start again.

Y/n had heard this story before from Michael's perspective but he never told Y/n that he spent thirty minutes trying to keep her alive but to him it was an eternity.

After that day Michael fully adopted Y/n and he quit his job and had to work on something his father told him to do.

He didn't want something like that to happen again.
Y/n was lucky CatNap found her body and got her to the staff before she fully died.

Crazy right?

Notes
———

My phone keeps doing this thing called Ghost Touch so it's hard to write and I'd use my computer but it's in the living room since my room gets really hot when I use it.

It's a gaming pc

And I can't find my iPad which sucks ass.

I believe in CatNap Supremacy