Introduction

.·:*¨¨* ≈🔆≈ *¨¨*:·.

(Y/N) sat down at one of the benches in playcare, eating her sandwich while she watched the children playing with the smiling critters. Colouring with Craftycorn, talking with Catnap and playing games with Dogday.

The tall, anthropomorphic dog was laughing, playing tag with the children who were screaming and giggling, running away from the tall dog who was running slow on purpose. "Rats! You kiddos are too fast for me!" He attempted to catch up with them by shuffling, not wanting to ruin their fun and actually catch up with them.

"Miss (L/N)! Protect us!" Some of the children ran over to her, gently shaking her arm to get her to play. Dogday walked over, chuckling. "Okay, okay, kids. Leave her alone, she's eating her lunch. Go play with Kickin Chicken, I'll be back in a sec." The children all obeyed, running over to the tall chicken and jumping around his feet.

"You want some?" (Y/N) offered Dogday a bite of her sandwich, who laughed and declined, sitting next to her on the bench. "You are too sweet, (Y/N). If my mouth wasn't permanently smiling, I'd eat that whole sandwich." He patted her back reassuringly, crossing one leg over the other and relaxing in the bench. "Good kids, aren't they?" Dogday observed the children, who were having an amazing time. "You look after them well." He ruffled her hair, resulting in (Y/N) grabbing his gloved hand. "Watch it, bucko. I'll mess up your fur." She grinned, continuing to eat her sandwich with one hand.

"I'd sure like to see you try." Dogday chortle to himself, squeezing her hand gently in his larger one. Even with his pitless eyes, (Y/N) could see the care in them. "Seriously. You're doing great." Dogday nudged her with his elbow. "I'll be sad to see you leave. When are you leaving again?"

(Y/N) sighed softly, finishing up her sandwich. "A few weeks. Don't worry, you're not getting rid of me yet." She pat his arm with her hand, earning a laugh from the orange dog. "Ha! I'd never get rid of you, trust me. You're too much fun and good at your job to get rid of. Anyway, I think you'll be an amazing teacher. The kids love you."

(Y/N) smiled up at him, leaning against the dogs side, who happily put his arm around her and rested it on her shoulder. "I really hope you're right, Dogday. I'll miss you all though. Don't forget about me, yeah?"

Dogday shook her shoulder assuringly. "I'd never forget about you, (Y/N), don't be silly. No matter where I am, or what situation I'm in, you'll always be in my mind."