Ch.4

.·:*¨¨* ≈🔆≈ *¨¨*:·.

(Y/N) had stirred after a long nap, feeling much more refreshed than before. She stretched her arms, feeling underneath her chin. Opening her arms, she saw that Dogday wad wriggled himself under her blanket, snuggling into her, his head underneath her head. His large arms wrapped around her, ensuring she couldn't escape. His embrace was warm, strong and comforting.

He was breathing very softly, his eyes still open, but they were slightly drooped. The way he was laying, his long ears were covering his eyes. Not wanting to disturb him, (Y/N) rubbed her nose against his fur. He still smells of vanilla. After all the years, she hadn't seen him. It wasn't as strong, but it was still there.

It must've been nice for Dogday to have the comfort of holding someone, especially after he'd been imprisoned and tortured for so many years. He went from being surrounded by loving children and his best friends, to being tortured by his closest friend and his other critters being murdered by said friend.

Dogday then started fidgeting in his sleep, muttering incoherent sentences and tossing and turning. He'd released (Y/N), allowing her to get up and shake his shoulder, kneeling by his side. It was obvious he was having a nightmare. "Dogday! Buddy, wake up!"

The dog sat up with a gasp, looking left and right anxiously. "Oh..angel. It's you. Sorry, I just.." He exhaled loudly, rubbing his face with his large hands. "Just a nightmare." He laid back down, signing loudly and putting his hands on his chest, intertwining his fingers. "I'm sorry if I woke you up, angel."

"No, you didn't wake me. Even if you did, you've been through so much torture and pain, I'm surprised you didn't have nightmares earlier." (Y/N) rested down beside him, putting her arms behind her head. "I bet you never slept when you were tied up."